What Am I Really Looking at?

Discussion in 'Vermont Patients' started by 1gamma45, May 1, 2011.


    1gamma45 Active Member

    I will be posting this in a few states med section so if you happen to see it more then once the reason is I am looking to move and looking for info.

    Within the next 12-18months I will be moving myself and my family to a MMJ friendly state. I currently live in N.Y. and with the new election of Gov. this past Nov the state will be screwed out of any MMJ till he is gone.

    I am currently in a pain management program and have all teh medical doc to back up my issues. I am not just some pot head looking to get high. I am currently on handfull of meds ranging from Opana and Daludid Skelaxin and Zipsor as well as celabrex for a short time. I have been in PM now for a year and am rly getting worried about these druggs as I have already had to up the amount and now the dose to stay pain free. I know MMJ works for me as I have tried it.

    That being said what can I expect if I move to this state and look for a Dr. to get myself a card. In all states I am posting this in I have checked the DoH reqs for the card and I meet them to my understanding.

    Any info from any sites or personal info would be awsome. I dont need names or stuff liek that other then truested Dr. to see for getting a card. I would also like any info on MMj friendly areas in the state I am low key and wana stay that way but I also dont wana move to an area were I wont be welcome.

    Beansly RIU Bulldog

    I'd imagine as long as you lived in that state long enough to become a citizen, there wouldn't be any problems.
    But maybe if you have a doctors recommendation and a legitimate reason to get meds you might be able to get it right away.
    I live in Nevada (an I know they do it in Cali too) and some of the dispensaries here take the doctors rec. alone.
    You don't have to pay the extra cost ($500 in Vegas) or go through the whole state issued id process, but you'll want to do it
    anyways if you wanna grow legally. Hope this helps some.
    Good luck.

    profgrow Active Member

    I'm a Vt resident and am involved in the mmj movement. Not a patient but an informed adviser lending my assistance to new patients and caregivers. Vt is one of the more difficult states to acquire a mmj card in, as the list of applicable ailments is short at best. It would be difficult for a pain management patient to get accepted and given a license, though Vt does recognize out of state Drs prescriptions, it may not be as difficult as i would think. If you moved to Vt without a Dr recommendation it could be more difficult. I would suggest states like CO and CA as they're accepted ailments list is considerably longer, Vt is still implementing dispensaries so even a patient that moved here and was able to get residency quickly, they would still need to wait another 3+ months to get a plant to maturity and harvest. For a complete list of state laws and requirements visit http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516 the NORML state directory has a lot of information, most of it current within a couple months of legislation. If you have any questions about growing msg me, 15 yrs experience and many built grow rooms under my belt. legal patient questions only pls.

    berja8 Member

    hey profgrow....your up here too!! awesome!! good to see you here!...been sending people your way so hopefully you'll have a full site soon!! Good Morning everyone!!

Share This Page