Discussion in 'Concentrates and Extracts' started by harper2002, Jun 20, 2010.
Is it possible to use bong cleaner to make hash oil?
You can make hash with 91% ISO alcohol, But you cant just use actual bong cleaner like chronic orange that has alcohol in it.
I've only made it with ISO 91. It's super cheap at your local drug store.
the only safe alcohol to use is 99% isopropyl alcohol get it at drug stores. You need 1 liter for 1/4 pound. Very Very dangerous and explosive use extreme caution.
Lots of good info on doing it right all over the web.
I don't know where you live but around here in Florida yo can't get 99% at drug stores. That shit is medical grade around here, so you have to order it on line. 91% works almost as good so he should be fine.
If you can get the 99%, you should make the effort. That's 8% less mystery ingredients that won't evaporate out of your hash.
Heating this stuff is not smart. You should either use a portable electric oven outside in the open air or just let it evaporate naturally.
you mean water?
making some right now with 91 iso made it 2 days ago worked perfect just takes longer
Use your vapo duff. All the chorophyll has been vaped off and if you look at it under the scope, there is a surprising number of trichs left. We made some ISO last night and it is strong and clean! A match head is better than 5 bowls in the VaporBros
If what your using works and you don't go blind good for you. There are quite a few types of alchol out there and some of them will kill you. make you go blind and generaly send you to emerg. As long as your using the right type it's all good.
Other alcohols are substantially more poisonous than ethanol, partly because they take much longer to be metabolized and partly because their metabolism produces substances that are even more toxic. Methanol (wood alcohol), for instance, is oxidized to formaldehyde and then to the poisonous formic acid in the liver by alcohol dehydrogenase and formaldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes respectively; accumulation of formic acid can lead to blindness or death. Similarly poisoning due to other alcohols such as ethylene glycol or diethylene glycol are due to their metabolites which are also produced by alcohol dehydrogenase. An effective treatment to prevent toxicity after methanol or ethylene glycol ingestion is to administer ethanol. Alcohol dehydrogenase has a higher affinity for ethanol, thus preventing methanol from binding and acting as a substrate. Any remaining methanol will then have time to be excreted through the kidneys.
So if you drink methanol by accident, just get smashed on some good alcohol to counter it? Haha that'd be a hilarious treatment, you're poisoned, here drink this everclear.
I hope its water, my iso does not list inactive ingredients. Water and alcohol do not mix so I figured it was something else.
Yes they do. They mix in beer, wine, scotch and everclear. So yes, they mix and quite well actually.
Well, woody, you aren't drinking it, your only using it the transport the goodies out of your trim, bud, duff, whatever you start with. You evaporate it off and are left with gooey goodness!
Dude, NO!!! NOT ISO!! Use everclear, the rubbing alc's leave carcinogens, spirits = safer .... they have one stronger then everclear if you can find it, the stronger the purer because the alc evaporates off well
What makes you think that?
The reason denatured alcohol is called denatured alcohol is because they add a substances to it to make it toxic and undrinkable so it can only be used for cleaning or other industrial purposes without having to worry about kiddies getting a hold of it. So its about as pure as a lake being used for a toxic dump sight....you have fun with that...If I'm going to make an extraction, I don't like a dirty product, which is all iso will give you. The alc does evaporate off, they're party bag of contaminants will stay with your extract.
Well, if you're right, I've got a pretty good case against half the doctors and mostly all of the nurses I've ever met for rubbing that poison on my skin.
when they put it on your skin its not ingested or burned, so no you crackhead. Do you get high by rubbing bud on your arm? no, because were not plants. Hence why for rubbing alc app its still safe, but that doesn't mean burning it and inhaling will have the same results, will it. Or did you fail science in HS? tell you what,use whatever you want...your the one doing it, so your really the only one that has to approve of the method.
sorry if I'm short, but there is a rare thing more annoying than bold ignorance...
Separate names with a comma.