SB 1598 "Micro Canopy" license News and Info

Discussion in 'Oregon Patients' started by alagrini, May 6, 2016.


    alagrini Member

    Just put in my application with the OLCC for micro tier 2 producer. Anyone else apply yet? Would be cool to talk with someone who has already been through the whole process. Thought someone had posted in a thread about a facebook group that talked about med grows and rec grows. If anyone knows about that please let me know, post something here or whatever. Thanks

    petert Well-Known Member

    I'm in the process, but in legal struggle with my county. I live on Rural Residential 2.5 land and my county banned it on RR 2.5 even though I can grow any other farm crop on my land. They've approved it for commercial and EFU lands.
    I'm still moving forward because you don't need a LUCS from your county for micro tier licensing.

    alagrini Member

    Been a month since putting in my app, still waiting to be assigned an investigator. Was told through email by OLCC it would take about 2-3 months once assigned. Obv a bunch of people applying right now so its cool.

    @petert what county are you in?

    petert Well-Known Member

    Hood River County.

    60 miles east of Portland. You?

    alagrini Member

    Lane County, Eugene area.

    Good luck with everything in your county. Without having to get a LUCS it should be a smooth deal.

    petert Well-Known Member

    I hope so! I'm working with Ross Day a land use and weed attorney out of Portland.. my main concern is that my counties planning director ( who issues building permits) has been up my ass!!
    I have five 40 foot shipping containers I'm trying to outfit as indoor facilities.

    petert Well-Known Member

    I can shed a little light... The OLCC IMO is in the process of squeezing medicinal dispensaries out! They have upped the quota of recreational dispensaries and recreational dispensaries can NOT buy from medical growers.. only medicinal dispensaries can buy from medicinal growers.
    Recreational dispensaries can sell to recreational buyers as well as tax free to medicinal card carriers. I used to sell almost exclusively to Silver Stem.. They said over the past year over 90% of their business has been recreational sales..
    So.. I think it goes without saying within a year the vast majority of medicinal dispensaries will either close or get a recreational license!
    The micro canopy is a good deal in many ways. It's cheaper than paying the grow site fee for 8 patients. (If you pay the fee) I have a friend who works for OHA and he told me they don't have the funding, or personnel to follow up on fees paid or reporting) personally even knowing that I'd be really uncomfortable risking not paying or reporting.
    To get a tier I license you need to have been a registered grower for OHA at the address you want the micro tier I license prior to Jan 1 2015.
    For those of you ( like me) whose county has banned growing on rural residential land. The OLCC does not require a LUCS to receive a micro tier license. You just have to be outside city limits. I'm not sure if Jackson County growers are trying to take advantage of this or not?

    explosive82 Well-Known Member

    Where does it say you don't need a LUCS form? Everything i've heard says that you do

    petert Well-Known Member

    You don't need at LUCS for Micro Canopy tier 1 or 2.
    All other producer licenses require a LUCS.

    From the Oregonian:

    SB 1598 would allow certain growers to apply for a state recreational marijuana license without having to first obtain a land-use compatibility statement. Those statements are issued by local governments and confirm that a marijuana production site meets local zoning rules.

    Gcg_consult New Member

    This thread is really informative and helpful - thank you! I was wondering if someone here could shed some light on my current med/Rec situation and point me in the direction of some information.

    Within the last year we starting renting a spot in Boring that is zoned RRFF5 that has a house and a 700sqft shop. The shop has its own three phase commercial power panel that's on a seperate meter from the house. Does anyone know the specifics for the Rec micro canopy in regards to boring and our zoning? Currently were medical but we'd like to go rec at this property but we're having trouble decifering the proper laws and didn't go through the grandfathering since we werent up and running yet.

    Mohican Well-Known Member

    I just read an article about Colorado converting all of the commercial licensing to medical to avoid the coming federal shitstorm.

    stsin Active Member

    The article (unless it was wrong) said that colorado was *ready to* convert commercial licensing to medical IF the feds step on rec. They've not done it yet, and hope to not do it at all. We'll see, the bill still has to pass and be signed into law (likely it will though.)

    (to quote *'s added by me: "A bill pending in the Legislature would allow pot growers and retailers to reclassify their recreational pot as medical pot **if a change in federal law or enforcement occurs.** " )
    Humanrob likes this.

    Pheno44 New Member

    Definitely squeezing out ommp. The farm I work for is having a hell of a time.

    I'm personally interested in the micro tier 1 license. Been trying to make sense out of the rules for a few weeks now, but am pretty confused.

    Saving money for this but I'm not sure how much I need to meet every requrement.

    Excluding the site, and the license fee...
    Can someone who has applied or been approved, ballpark an amount needed?

    I heard that you had to have "x" amount of money in a bank account..etc..

Share This Page