Help identifying

Discussion in 'Marijuana Plant Problems' started by alexcarter, Feb 7, 2018.

  1.  
    alexcarter

    alexcarter Active Member

    I think I have a case of the dreaded spider mite.Can some peeps help verify for me.I have never had bugs before so I am a little taken back right now.I am planning on hitting them hard with Sm90 and Doktor Doom Botanics Plant Spray.There seems to be a lot of debate as to whether or not you ever truly get rid of them.Anyway I attached 2 photos...the 1st is a badly damaged leaf,2nd is the underside of that leaf which I think has small round eggs.
     

    Attached Files:

  2.  
    Bernie420

    Bernie420 Well-Known Member

    Yup you got the mites how big is the plant? You got a kitchen sink with a sprayer to hold the plant upside down so you can hose it off. Obviously you want to cover the top so that dirt doesnt fall out, if you are in dirt or can do this. That and let it recover a day before you try anything else dont want to stress it anymore than you have to at one time. Just a sprayer and water will kill the adults, add a little dish soap would be better and adding some rubbing alcohol to that will help kill the eggs. Spray every three days even if you dont see anything all it takes is one fugging egg to get them going again. I would try hosing it down before I used the store bought products if you can. That one leaf is hell of bad and should of been addressed a long time ago.
     
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    alexcarter likes this.
  3.  
    alexcarter

    alexcarter Active Member

    Thanks for the advice.I am doing a wash with a little soap right now.
     
  4.  
    *BUDS

    *BUDS Well-Known Member

    You need miticide, sprayed on plants and surrounding floors. I use this one, one hit and they are gone.
    [​IMG]
     
  5.  
    xtsho

    xtsho Well-Known Member


    Hmm, I'd be cautious about using that stuff. I'm sure it works but I personally wouldn't use it on my cannabis plants.

    Dicofol is an organochlorine pesticide that is chemically related to DDT. Dicofol is a miticide that is very effective against spider mite.

    One of the intermediates used in its production is DDT. This has caused criticism by many environmentalists; however, the World Health Organization classifies dicofol as a Level II, "moderately hazardous" pesticide.[1] It is known to be harmful to aquatic animals, and can cause eggshell thinning in various species of birds.

    Dicofol is a nerve poison. The exact mode of action is not known, although in mammals it causes hyperstimulation of nerve transmission along nerve axons (cells). This effect is thought to be related to the inhibition of certain enzymes in the central nervous system.

    Symptoms of ingestion and/or respiratory exposure include nausea, dizziness, weakness and vomiting; dermal exposure may cause skin irritation or a rash; and eye contact may cause conjunctivitis. Poisoning may affect the liver, kidneys or the central nervous system. Very severe cases may result in convulsions, coma, or death from respiratory failure.

    Dicofol can be stored in fatty tissue. Intense activity or starvation may mobilize the chemical, resulting in the reappearance of toxic symptoms long after actual exposure.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicofol
     
  6.  
    alexcarter

    alexcarter Active Member

    I am actually thinking of using either Floramite or Avid. Leaning toward the Floramite as it looks less toxic. I bagged and threw away all my moms ,and have 25 girls ,10days away form harvest that I will only use SM90 on. I also have 3 week old girls in veg who I would use the Floramite on.I was also thinking to spray all the floors and walls with the Floramite.
    I'm mentally crushed about this because I am very, very clean and particular in my rooms and haven't had ANY bugs before.I am worried that I will have to fight these little bastards for the rest of my time on this planet.
     

Share This Page