A Question about MM in VT. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Vermont Patients' started by Mynamehere, Nov 12, 2010.


    Mynamehere Active Member

    Im a cannabis user who lives near VT. I have anxiety disorder/depression and cannabis helps in every possible way. MY question being, would i be able to be legal, or would i get laughed at lol?

    Thanks to anyone who took the time to answer.:leaf::leaf:

    Mynamehere Active Member

    comon yall nothin? (forgot to put if i moved to VT olbviously) all im really wondering is if that is legit reason or if i need to be dying of cancer or some shit to get medical in Vermont lol. any help appreciated. peace

    chichi Active Member

    Look up Vermont Marijuana Registry..."Only people with a debilitating medical condition may use marijuana. A “Debilitating medical condition” means:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](A) cancer, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), multiple sclerosis (MS), or the treatment of these conditions if the disease or the treatment results in severe, persistent, and intractable symptoms; [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](B) a disease, medical condition, or its treatment that is chronic, debilitating and produces severe, persistent, and one or more of the following intractable symptoms: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe pain or nausea or seizures.[/FONT]​

    DwayneMendoza Member

    Unfortunately Chichi is right there is nothing you can do currently in the State of Vermont. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the only way anxiety disorder/depression alone qualify as a qualifying condition in any of the 15 medical marijuana states except maybe under the

    "Any condition a
    doctor believes
    cannabis will help"

    clause that California has adopted

    One thing you can do is keep an eye on the legislature in your state. Things do change and even if the lists of qualifying conditions do not change in Vermont Vermont may choose to adopt reciprocity laws to help protect patients from out of state. ;) But at this point no



    chichi Active Member

    i think the key words here are "debillitating" so if smoking lessened your symptoms than you might have a shot.

    chichi Active Member

    It's a $50 filing fee to apply for mj card or to be the caregiver, approved or not.

    Saurkraut Member

    come to michigan

    CannaDaKlowN Member

    I live in VT and I have spoken to my doctor (not primary care) and she said I should go to my primary care and try to get a MM license. I have anxiety/agoraphobia/PTSD and she did argue with me that cannabis (in the long run) is not helpful for anxiety but I beg to differ. I do not like to leave the house, and have severe social anxiety and when I smoke I can actually go out without "freaking out" beyond belief. I wont lie and say its a miracle cure and I have no issues now, its not ... but without it I wouldn't get half the stuff done that I do.... either way I am planning on applying sometime soon but I fear that I will be denied due to my age and/or because of a lack of "need" for it.

    chichi Active Member

    I think you should start up a conversation with your primary and just ask them what their views are...you never know...if you say it helps a lot then why wouln't they help you? Better than pills, tell him that.

    vermontoker802 Member

    Also a vermont card holder with sever Generalized anxiety disorder/agoraphobia/ptsd and could not receive my card for those issues. I have major back problems from a surgery when i was younger that I was able to get my card for. But I truly believe cannabis helps with all my aliments and to just help me keep positive with all the crap we all have to live with day in and day out. PM me and i would be glad to help in anyway i can i have helped others with card issues

Share This Page