lowryder 2 under 540watts t5 hydro

1982grower

I posted pics of my hydro lowryder 2 grow under 540 watts t5 if anyone wants to follow and see what kind of yield the average person can get with these. Let me know if anyone is interested. I've never posted before. The pics are of my 2 mother plant hempstars. The light cycle is just 18/6 for LR2 so I decided to flower them and when done just have one light cycle. I'm having trouble sleeping with hid lighting on. These have been flowering for 2 weeks. If anyone wants to see pics of the really clean homemade hydro setup let me know and I'll post detailed pics and I want others advice.

Attachments

amcgin02

they are looking good man, Im flowering some auto ak-47 and the average yield is around and ounce per plant, an ounce and a half is godsent but can be done. Good luck and post some more pics soon...

wannabee

I posted pics of my hydro lowryder 2 grow under 540 watts t5 if anyone wants to follow and see what kind of yield the average person can get with these. Let me know if anyone is interested. I've never posted before. The pics are of my 2 mother plant hempstars. The light cycle is just 18/6 for LR2 so I decided to flower them and when done just have one light cycle. I'm having trouble sleeping with hid lighting on. These have been flowering for 2 weeks. If anyone wants to see pics of the really clean homemade hydro setup let me know and I'll post detailed pics and I want others advice.
Thats a great looking plant you're growing, very nice. Where did you buy the seeds? Got mine from Attitude with no problems.

I've got some lowryder 2 going now also. They are about 19 days old and growing quick. I've got six in an aerogarden and one in some dirt. They germinated perferctly and I'm excited about how they are going to turn out. Have you ever grown them before? I'm going to try getting some pics in when I can. I'm going to be adding some more lights to them too. Good luck and I'll check back.

1982grower

I got the seeds basically from a company called Shamen seeds but I think they get them from joint doc. In canada where i live there is alot of seeds. I will be getting seeds from the strongest male and female and should have extra at the end if someone wants some. The LR2 just sprouted and ill post pics tonight. I wanted to try the ak47 but they didn't have any and recommended these. I'm gonna take a look at yourpics now

1982grower

wannabe. Your 19 days in. I wish I could see. Try and take some pics. I have never grown these before either but I like the lightcycle. Easier to sleep. But try and get some pics and yah they do really sprout well. I sprouted some in rockwool and it was almost like the rockwool was to tough for the seeds. Have you had this happen before?

1982grower

Amcgin02 do you have pics? would like to see what the ak 47 looks like. I would hope to get even 1 dry ounce off each of my plants. Like you said 1 and a half would be crazy nice. Off the 2 large hempstar i have i hope for 2 dry each but they are big and a hassle. Probably be another 6 weeks before they finish at least. check in often and let me know how those ak 47 are doing. I decided to take pics of the LR2 now so it will be more detailed. They are just prouted in peat and rockwool to try both. peat works better for LR2 I found. its softer and they star growing faster. I had to help the rockwool ones break the surface which i didn't like. I'm trying to be detailed. let me know if i'm talking to much. The roots are of one of the hempstar plants. Just thought they were interesting.

Attachments

dirt clean

i got my lr2 coming in the mail. I got 5 fems. I am going for an all organic in dirt.

I am gonna do the lr2 thing while I veg out some fem ww mothers for the grow after that.

1982grower

i got my lr2 coming in the mail. I got 5 fems. I am going for an all organic in dirt.

I am gonna do the lr2 thing while I veg out some fem ww mothers for the grow after that.
I was going to do the LR2 with my hempstar mothers too but wasn't sure how the 24 hour light would work. but i did hear it will work. let me know how well it works or do you vedge 18/6. i vedge 24/7. I guess i could have kept the mothers and vedged them 18/6 with the LR2 but they were grown 24 and i thought it might flower them slowly. definately let me know. good luck

amcgin02

Nice setup 1982grower. Your plants look healthy too. I have some pics on a digital camera but im not familiar with how to put them on here.

1982grower

Nice setup 1982grower. Your plants look healthy too. I have some pics on a digital camera but im not familiar with how to put them on here.
Yah i just took the time today to figure it out. Figured it would give me an excuse to keep track of how its going to maybe try and beat this grow next time. When you reply hit the advanced reply and then go to manage attachments and then just upload them and it does the rest. Either way if you can get them up i would definetely like to take a look.

1982grower

Not much going on right now but I have pics of the lighting I will be using. Well the same kind anyways. These are over my aquarium right now. They are 4 foot t5hos they cost in canada 30 dollars each for the fixture and bulb colour of your choice. 3000k 6500k 10000k. I'm thinking about getting 10 for 300. nice and even number. I'll get the 3000k. They have a par rating of 93 I think. And I think thats pretty good. I'm not a scientist. We will find out. I know I could buy a hps for this much and I use them now. but i just want to try these on short plants. because these lights don't penatrate the canopy as deep and don't get hot at all. THIS IS NOT A HPS VERSUS T5HO DISCUSSION PLEEEAASSEE. I'm using them enclosed so i can have 2 separate light cycles in my room and heat is an issue. Also many people will try to tell you that 400 watts of light no matter what kind translates into the same amount of heat energy. I know nothing of this but can tell these people flat out that they are wrong. I have those t5h0s in the pics in a room smaller than my bedroom with no venting and they don't even up the temp 1 degree. The ballasts stay at room temp basically and the bulbs. I have the back of my finger right on the bulb in this pic.

Attachments

1982grower

Amc I just saw those pics. Nice dark green. Plus they look like they will grow dense buds. You must not be skimping on the lighting. What is the lighting? I was hoping someone would have some pics for me to look at today. How long do you estimate left for time?

1982grower

I just looked closer at your pics. The spots where the buds are forming look like there growing really dense. It looks like you wont have any little buds at all. just 4 or 5 water bottle sized ones hopefully. It definately looks possible To maybe get 2 dry ounces off it. The small dense plants always yield well. I actually am not a fan of growing massive trees in my house. Even my hempstar mothers are by far the biggest I've ever flowered. You ever flower a monster?

amcgin02

Thanks for the comments. Im using a 400 watt hps right now, and I actually have 3 of those plants, but that one is the healthiest! They are around 5 1/2 weeks old right now, and Im using fox farm nutrients. I will probably give them around another 5 weeks, but I guess I will see in good time. Nice light by the way, and your totally right about the heat thing, they should woork great for some short plants like you had said. Good luck and keep posting.

1982grower

I really have no idea what to expect. I was thinking of measuring the exact length of the t5 fixtures and seeing if they will fit in one of those wardrobes for 200 bucks at wallmart. They are 4 feet wide buy 2 feet deep buy 6 feet tall. its perfect for 2 lowrider grows in the same floor space. And the shelves are adjustable. I could fit that white hydro container with ten plants one on each shelf. I figure 20 plants every 45 days could easily be 10 ounces. I'll start the new sprouts ahead of time in an enclosed container under a little 50 watt cfl for the first 10 days or so to overlap. That would be a dream. do you think 10 ounces sounds reasonable? When i think of ten ounces that fast and small seems to good to be true. But i also think that 14 grams per plant is totally possible? If you don't mind me asking what does an ounce cost where your from? Of quality. where i live its all the exact same price basically because everyone and their brother is selling. about 180 canadian an ounce.

amcgin02

Where I'm from and ounce is 100 buck american, and some good shit is like 135-150 buck american. And your right 14 grams per plant is very reasonable, but you should expect a little more than that, 10 ounces for two seperate grows is totally doable, how many plants would you grow?