1. We are currently experiencing issues with viewing and uploading images, our team is working on the issue.
    Dismiss Notice

Purifying large amounts of water

Discussion in 'Newbie Central' started by dodobird, May 16, 2009.


    dodobird Well-Known Member

    I have 8 plants that I'm going to move outdoors soon and they are in pots with soiless mix and will stay in pots with the soiless mix outdoors on my deck.

    But how do I water them without using tap water?? Can you purify water by letting tap water sit a big plastic container or how is this done????

    Appreciate any comments or help...

    frmrboi Well-Known Member

    that will remove the chlorine only which is a nuisance only really not a danger. If your tap water is highly mineralized (hard) it can harm your plants over time. I collect rainwater myself, but I'm on the Wet Coast we get lots of it.
    A reverse osmosis rig is your solution.

    simpsonsampson420 Well-Known Member

    i got a water purifying system for $120 bucks.. it can cycle 100 gallons an hour.. i only use for watering my girls.. i use mine inside.. but its made to work outside too.. i could (if it was outside) hook it up to where my hose hooks up, and hook the hose to the other end.. its called a "tall boy dechlorinator" but it removes 95% of all particles in the water... it works great... filters are cheap... cant complain...

    good luck

    tyke1973 Well-Known Member

    Just use the tap water but ph it,you will have to keep check on it if you are makeing big batches because it's ph will rise.just add vinigar or ph down to bring it back down.Another good idea is to buy a big drum pref plastic and collect any rain that you do have,But then again rain water now a days is very acidy best too ph the tap water and if it rains then you won't need to water.By doing this you can add your normal regiment of nutrients.

    dodobird Well-Known Member

    Thanks boys. :peace:
    Jerry Garcia

    Jerry Garcia Well-Known Member

    If you use rain water and your pH is too low (acidic) you can use regular baking soda to bring it up a little.

    Good luck :leaf:

    dodobird Well-Known Member

    Another question for u guys...

    I'll use the the PH Down method, but I was wondering...instead of buying PH Down from the grow store, would it be cheaper and ok to buy PH Down from a pool/spa company instead. I'm thinking they would sell it cheaper and probably in larger quantities.....?????

    Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.


    dodobird Well-Known Member

    no comments????

Share This Page