1. We are currently experiencing issues with viewing and uploading images, our team is working on the issue.
    Dismiss Notice

my dog is 16 and ate few coffee filters used too strain cannabis butter any tips

Discussion in 'Cooking With Cannabis' started by savie, Dec 23, 2017.

?

shes wobbleing and acting super drunk im worried for her she gives the look its not a fun ride:(help

  1. time?

    8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. vet?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1.  
    savie

    savie New Member

    plz help any tips
     
  2.  
    Warpedpassage

    Warpedpassage Well-Known Member

    Oh man im sorry to hear that. Not gonna give you shit, im sure you feel bad enough. An exceptionally strong edible that rocks the dogs world for the first time like that is a very bad experience for the dog. That drunk , wobbly behavior is considered to be indicative of an overdose when it comes to dogs. Usually you would monitor him and let em sleep it off. However your dog is quite old and thats why id be montioring her closely. I dont think you need to take her to a vet just yet. Im hoping she will be ok.
     
    Joint Monster likes this.
  3.  
    REALSTYLES

    REALSTYLES Well-Known Member Rollitup Advertiser

    No worries she'll be ok just will be lazy and loopy looking for a day or two. I had my dogs get into my trash and ate the trim wate I used for canna butter. I even had my male steal some brownies when I turned away for a second.
     
    Joint Monster likes this.
  4.  
    Uncle Reefer

    Uncle Reefer Well-Known Member

    just keep an eye on her. My dog ate something at the park, I assume after the fact that it was quite a big dose because he just shut down. At the time we had no idea what was happening to him he just went comatose. He dryed right up in the nose and gums. When we tried to force him to stand and move it seemed his back half was paralyzed. I thought he got into rat poison or something. I freaked out and sorta took it out on my nabours. But we talked to our vet, who is also in our social circle. She thought it was weed so we left him alone and monitored him. He recovered the next day, with a bit of an edible hangover. And he was 100% by the afternoon. Weed is fucking scary with your dog but they can handle it. So fear not it's all good.
     
  5.  
    frizfrazjaz

    frizfrazjaz Well-Known Member

    RIU is absolutely the best forum to belong to. ANY other site, you would have received nothing but shit for that question.
    Just thought I’d add that. Sorry, OP about your dog, I hope it’s ok.
     
  6.  
    Joint Monster

    Joint Monster Well-Known Member

    Savie, when you are Seriously worried the first person you should call is your Vet. If they are a good vet they will give you phone instructions (watch for this, this, this symptoms and if x, x, x occurs bring him in immediately).

    It is good to know that much like Chocolate, Cannabis is also poisonous to dogs. HOWEVER, do not freak out so quick. Much like if your drg ate one chocolate chip or a chocolate chip cookie, they'll probably be okay. If they ate half a chocolate bar, I'd seriously take them to a vet.

    In your case it does not seem like your dog ingested a large amount of cannabis/THC. I would keep a close eye on them, they might get high, have some water let them sleep? I am NO VET!
     
  7.  
    gwheels

    gwheels Well-Known Member

    The dog wont die. Just pet it more and feed it some munchies geeze. Cook up a pound of bacon or something.
    Sorry to make light of it but I remember when I was young a million years ago. We had a friend that smoked a doob with us at lunch and went in to the office and said call my dad I am too high and i will die.
    So that didnt happen. Now we use that to say weed is good. Is it strong....call my dad.
     
  8.  
    Bugeye

    Bugeye Well-Known Member

    Except that dogs actually can die from marijuana toxicity. Geeze.
     
  9.  
    gwheels

    gwheels Well-Known Member

    Really. WTF do i know.

    But what can they do except provide munchies. Have you ever eaten an oil filter. I HAVE

    Wow was I high
     
  10.  
    charface

    charface Well-Known Member

    I would call a vet.
    If nothing else call one in a legal state
    Im sure they hear it all the time.

    Just in case you could be doing something to help.

    Good luck
     
  11.  
    gwheels

    gwheels Well-Known Member

    I have waited out a heavier stone is all i am saying. To the point of feeling like death. My dog ate a brownie that would cripple a human being. She survived. It takes a really crazy dose of weed to kill anythng. Like so crazy it isnt registered. Fuck the vet. Money grubbing people that they be. But that is my humble opinion. Spend what you wish
     
  12.  
    Bugeye

    Bugeye Well-Known Member

    What they can do depends on what you want to pay. For a comatose dog, it will be beneficial to get an iv going. Most the other shit they can do is pointless, it will be what it will be.
    It takes a fair amount in bud form to kill a dog, but you can get there in a concentrated form pretty easy, especially when decarbed. They have a different physiology from us so your comparisons are pretty off point.
     
    dubekoms likes this.
  13.  
    BobBitchen

    BobBitchen Well-Known Member

  14.  
    charface

    charface Well-Known Member

    Instead of an expensive iv and vet stay I have actually had a vet inject a sub q
    Dose of fluid.

    Looks like a giant tumor but its fluid.
    And the dog can go right home.

    Mine was a salmonella type situation
     
  15.  
    FunCatLady2017

    FunCatLady2017 Member

    My Irish setter ate an oz of weed, while I was at work. Came home to find him zoned and called my vet. I honestly told him what happened and he laughed and told me to give him water and a bag of chips. Dog was fine and loved marijuana. Had to hide my stuff, from a motivated hunter, but no damage to pup.

    I don't think it will cause permanent damage.
     
    Olive Drab Green likes this.
  16.  
    Bugeye

    Bugeye Well-Known Member

    Your ounce of bud was not fully decarbed. Take that same ounce and make canna butter and let a 10 lb dog eat it, you'll see a life threatening situation.
     
  17.  
    FunCatLady2017

    FunCatLady2017 Member

    That might be, my Pomeranian can't reach across high countertops. The Irish Setter loved my weed after that and I had to hide it. It was funny, but it scared me.
     
  18.  
    Joint Monster

    Joint Monster Well-Known Member

    Wowza I didn't notice that part you said your dog is SIXTEEN! Anyways a day has past, how is your dog?!

    ps. Vets can also give charcoal in certain 'dog poisoning' cases.
     
  19.  
    FunCatLady2017

    FunCatLady2017 Member

    I know I sounded flippant, but I'm really careful with all my pets and calling my vet and telling him my dog ate my weed made me feel like a bad person. Even though my vet still tells that story.

    With all the varieties of oils and such, now that could have ended differently. Also, he weighed 75#. A small dog would be more at risk.

    I have cats and they would love to get my weed or my plants. Im alot more careful now.
     
  20.  
    FunCatLady2017

    FunCatLady2017 Member

    I just called my vet, there was no charge
     

Share This Page