Hello fellow GREenthusiasts! Sorry for the long introduction that is to come but I want to be thorough so that I can receive the best help and also to help out others that may read this thread. I also am writing the last 7 days in retrospect and will be posting quite a few replies in quick succession so that I can get this journal up to date and current by the end of today. A week ago I germinated and planted an Auto White Widow from Pyramid Seeds that I got from seed-city.com a week before that. It will be under CFL lighting until the temperature drops as in my area we have been having many days over 40* Celsius, so my 250w HPS sits in storage. I've decided to go with a single plant at the moment because I haven't been toking that much and think if I could get my target of 1oz per 3 months then that would be fine for my personal needs. Previously I had always grown photos (bagseed) under a 130w 6400k CFL for the first 20cm of growth before moving them into a shower tent (poor mans grow tent) with a 250w HPS. I had problems with light leakage and hermis in the past. I am at a new location now so I have to keep my new grow as stealthy as possible. So this will be my first CFL only and first auto grow as it seems to be the way to go with stealth, temperature and ventilation issues. Ok so here we go! Day -1: preparation. Mixed soil using some ozmocote premium potting mix and added some vermiculite for water retention and aeration into what I believe is a 8 to 12 liter pot. Apart from knowing it's diameter is 25cm, I don't know the exact volume of the pot which is a bit of a bummer, I might try some maths (shudder) later to actually figure it out. It just seemed like the perfect size for keeping an auto plant not too short but not to tall either. Started germinating an Auto White Widow seed using the paper towel method that morning also. I used the real cheap paper towels that have no bleach or perforations. It's kind of a thick course paper that is slightly yellow, but much thinner than normal paper towels. So i used many layers. I left it ontop of the power pack for the router which was warmish overnight and within 24 hours I had a 1cm tap root coming out. Day 0: Planting. I made a depression in the soil about 5mm deep and put the seeds in there, before covering it up with a little of the soil mix. I gave it a good spritz of tap water I left out over night and covered the pot in cling wrap for humidity. I started using a 24w 6400k CFL in a lamp holder to keep things warmish for Wendy (she now has a name). I use the light on a 18-6 cycle at the moment because there's a bit of light leaking through the wardrobe and I can't sleep with it on. Decided on the first night that I will need to make or buy a grow box/tent as I want to run Wendy on 24/0. Day 1: Sprouting. Things seem to be moving very fast. Within 24 hours of planting the germinated seed I could see the little lady pushing through the soil a little bit. Day 2: Sprouting. Wendy has now punched through the soil and discarded her seed casing. I also started to suspend the lamp on chains to get it a bit closer.