Strawberry Cough and Blue Cheese T5 first grow

controlfreak

Hey everyone, this will be my first grow and i have built a tent using shelving from home depot and reflective plastic from a local hydro shop. The dimensions are 3' L, 3'2" H and 2' W. Sorry for the low quality pics for now im on an i-phone. As of right now the seeds are in transit ordered from The Attitude Seedbank. http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/ I ordered 2 Fem. Strawberry Cough, 2 Fem. Blue Cheese, and the order came with 5 free regular skunk seeds, and 1 Fem. Gold Bud.

I had around 15 seeds saved up from about 5 months of dank filtering but i unfortunately managed to loose my seed stash. rummaging through my backpack i found one that had somehow made it to my new place. So i am currently germinating it waiting on the order.

My lighting is a T5 4 tube 2 foot setup. I currently have

2 - Hydro Farm F24T5 24W HO 6400k for Veg
2 - Plantmax FL24/T5/830/HO 120V 50Hz T01 for Flower

My first question is should i go and buy 2 more veging lights or can i just run all 4 in a veging light cycle and save the money for my eventual flowering box?

As of this point I havent tackled exhaust or air circulation inside the box. The lights are on the floor so i can get a feel for how hot they run. With the circulation and the whole thing zipped up the thermometer on the floor said the max was 81 deg. F and that is with just the 2 6400k lights going. I will hang the lights Tomorrow as well as hopefully tackle some ventilation.

Final question does anyone think i could get away with a passive intake and what type of fan should i use for exhaust?

controlfreak

pics of the tent and light. And i just replaced the closet knob to a locking one. I have enough materials to make another chamber the same size, and i was planning on doing that for my flowering so i can keep some mothers and so forth. What lighting should i use for another tent but for veg?

Attachments

controlfreak

seeds arrived in the mail today! Just 9 days after being shipped. and instead of 1 fem. gold bud i got 1 White Widow! Im assuming its fem. Anyways ill be getting the seeds soon and throwing them in some water! pics to come soon!

Please post!

boston george 54

seeds arrived in the mail today! Just 9 days after being shipped. and instead of 1 fem. gold bud i got 1 White Widow! Im assuming its fem. Anyways ill be getting the seeds soon and throwing them in some water! pics to come soon!

Please post!
get the other two light in and i would buy 2 more 6500 but you will be alright whith what you have for vegging
i prefer to ues a mh but have seen many grows useing what you have right there for vegging
but try to get a hps for flowering you really do need one

also here is good place for fans and anything grow you could need and they are greaaaat

http://www.htgsupply.com/about.asp

controlfreak

Alright I have 10 in soil 5 are feminized. Im thinking im going to flower when the smallest one is around 8" or so. I added 3 42W CFL's to the corners and will probably go out and get a few more. I could only find 2700 lumens. I have a 4" In-Line Inductor Duct Fan at 80CFM. outside the tent we have my 265 CFM ActiveAir Blower. I used the box it came in and some ductape to build and enclosure. She currently blows into my closet's drywall. I have a passive intake at 4 points pictured just above the pots. There isnt a lot of space for the air to go so i am currently in the process of cutting an exhaust on the opposite side of the wall, my bedroom. With the door closed the closet still heats up considerably.

As for the babies. The 4 tallest sprouted about 3 to 4 days before the others due to when i began germinating them. The 4 unmarked and older plants are 2 orange bud and 2 Mazar x Afghan. "not sure which due to inebriated gardening" The ? is an old bagseed of some kill only 1 of the 3 germinated.

I am still up in the air as to how they will be flowered in a few weeks. Not sure if i will have the money to do HPS and the venting along with it.

Attachments

controlfreak

I am currently battling temp. issues. With the door shut things are getting over 90 degrees so i am temporarily keeping the door open, and have cut a couple more passive air intakes. Where do you guys recommend i position the exhaust? Im thinking i need an active intake to be able to lower temps 10 degrees.

controlfreak

About to get a 400w HPS and put them in flowering. With 5 fem. and 6 more that could go either way i think 8 under a 400w in that space should work nicely. I realize i am running out of space and my two Mazar x afghans are stretching pretty bad. I plan on getting the light tomorrow.

Attachments

controlfreak

alrighty well i got a 400w HPS, hood, ballast, and bulb for 240 or so. The hood was used so it looks a little beat up but works fine. I have my shody attempt at a carbon filter on the intake of the hood exhausting into the ceiling. Im going to have to find a way to incorporate my intake so that it brings air into both my veg and flower box. From the looks of it i might need another powerful fan to pull air from both cabs through the light and a carbon filter. My fan sits on some styrofoam to help keep the vibrations down. I really need to build an enclosure and hang it up because its pretty loud through the closet door.

The gals are 2 days into flower and i finally tied them all down tonight. I might be able to move the light closer but i was going to give them a couple days to adjust. I have 5 Fem. and 6 reg. so I should be freeing up some space soon to prevent overcrowding. Ill finish up the veg box in the next couple days and take clones before they get to far into flower. They will have at least 2 months to veg though so I should have some nice mothers by then.

Man im sinking way more money into this than i thought i would!

Attachments

boston george 54

build a room

you are halfway there to a nice setup you have the eqipment now build you a small room
and the money will always be pour into it if you like it also it takes a while untill pepole will start commenting

controlfreak

Whew ok I just finished up about 4 hours of work and almost have this biotch finished. Pictured below we have my crazy intake and exhaust systems. Im running my 4" inline fan as the intake which goes into the middle box. From there it splits of into my veg box, flower tent, and becomes the intake for my 400w hood. The box on the top is my exhaust wich my new Chicago Variable Speed Air Blower (50$) pulls air out and pushes it through my new carbon filter. It tops out ot 300 cfm and is noticably quieter than my ActiveAir blower. So for half the price I get a quieter, adjustable fan with a higher CFM! The only drawback was that the Chicago blower had a rectagle shape exhaust so i used some leftover wire mesh (from my carbon filter) and plenty of ducktape to form it to a 4" duct.

I used to 4" duct ends with aluminum mesh wraped around it. I then taped my first roll of carbon sheeting from a adjustable carbon furnace/AC filter. then taking smaller sections of carbon sheeting i taped of the bottom and filled it with activated carbon. I did this again on the top and then began to abuse it with ducktape. So my filter goes. Aluminum mesh, then activated carbon sheet, then activated carbon, then another activated carbon sheet. It may be overkill but with the blower on the lowest setting i can feel the air pushing out the filter.

Im still using my activeair blower to pull air from my 400w hood but now i want to replace that 100$ P.O.S. with another Chicago blower....THE SPENDING NEVER STOPS! haha.

I hung my T5 bulbs in the new veg chamber and will hopefully be taking clones tomorrow night before my ladies get too far into Flower. They will be 5 days in by tomorrow.

Attachments

controlfreak

So over the weekend i lost power to the grow room for possibly friday night and saturday nights light cycle. Hopefully they wont hate me for this. Some clones are showing small roots but its still taking some time since they were in flower for a few days. Im seeing a lot of pistils and im beginning to think i have all females. Im going to have to get rid of a few if this continues to be true and im hoping i wont have any hermies to worry about if i stressed them to much. we will be at 2 weeks flowering tonight. the only ones that is showing obviously are the Mazar x Afghan regular seeds. The power skunk sretched out and may have to sacrifice it if theres no other males. If i have to many females i may give one away and gorilla grow another. How many do you guys think i could keep in my 3x2 tent? I just trimmed some of the lower leaves where they were overcrowding and the under side where i lst'd some.

Attachments

controlfreak

Alrighty we are approaching 3 weeks into flowering although with some light stress i might consider it week 2. I just started using roots organics buddha bloom with purple max. I recently purchased a bottle of foxfarm grow big for my up and coming mother plants.

In terms of my clones I have rooted and planted 1 Blue cheese, 1 White widow, 1 random bagseed dank, and 2 Strawberry coughs.

I think i may have mixed an orange bud cutting with a strawberry cough resulting in the orange bud looking strawberry cough in the back right and the more likely strawberry cough in the back center. I may take another cutting of the cough and root it late just to make sure >.<.

I got rid of one of the larger orange bud plants and the skragly power skunk that i had started late. Every regular seed i planted was a Female! Ive been watching the past week for signs of hermi because of the light stress but all i see are beautiful pistils on all the branches.

The first close up is my White widow, then the random bagseed dank.

In the group photo we have,

In the front row
Ob front left
WW front center
BC front right

In the middle row
? middle left
SC middle center
SC middle right

Back row
BC back left
MxA back center