My 20 Dollar or Less Cloner

NoGutsGrower

Got an air pump for 11 dollars a few neoprene rings and way more air tubing than I needed for 5 dollars, air stones 4 dollars, bucket free, bottoms of plastic bottles as humidity domes free. I cut the holes in the bucket so the the rings fit in pretty snug and removed a bit of the ring where the cutting goes so it doesn't get crushed when putting the ring in the bucket. Easy lift lid to check roots and water/solution and a handle to carry it.
busket bubble.jpgroot busket.jpgbusket.jpg

lince

Good job man. How lond did they take to grow those roots ? I'm trying to get some roots in my own dwc cloner but haven't got any so far.

Cool I like it. Wish I had more of those kitty litter buckets they are perfect for DWC. The next litter bucket is going for a cloner. +rep

NoGutsGrower

Good job man. How lond did they take to grow those roots ? I'm trying to get some roots in my own dwc cloner but haven't got any so far.
that one rooted in 8 days but its been 14 now and the rest are just starting to show roots. I used the bottom of some vitamin water bottles as domes. 3 of them need a dome 2 didn't. The one with roots didn't have a dome, but the others would fall down with out the domes.

lince

that one rooted in 8 days but its been 14 now and the rest are just starting to show roots. I used the bottom of some vitamin water bottles as domes. 3 of them need a dome 2 didn't. The one with roots didn't have a dome, but the others would fall down with out the domes.
Thanks for the info :) I've gone through several articles and threads about the subject and I'm really hoping I can make it work this time. Some were saying that you could get roots in 7-10 days. Last time I had a clone in there for 16 days without roots but I'm doing a few things different this time.

Got 6 clones, a humidity dome, plain ph'ed water, rubber diffuser, and the plant I got the clones from is 2 months old now although I had to get the clones from the top, only one of them was actually from the bottom branches.

What about your mum noguts, how old is she ? (couldn't give you rep coz I already gave you in your other dwc post ;-))

NoGutsGrower

Thanks for the info :) I've gone through several articles and threads about the subject and I'm really hoping I can make it work this time. Some were saying that you could get roots in 7-10 days. Last time I had a clone in there for 16 days without roots but I'm doing a few things different this time.

Got 6 clones, a humidity dome, plain ph'ed water, rubber diffuser, and the plant I got the clones from is 2 months old now although I had to get the clones from the top, only one of them was actually from the bottom branches.

What about your mum noguts, how old is she ? (couldn't give you rep coz I already gave you in your other dwc post ;-))
the roots aren't actually in the water. the bubbles popping splash water up onto the stems and keep the wet. the water line is just barley under the stems.

lince

the roots aren't actually in the water. the bubbles popping splash water up onto the stems and keep the wet. the water line is just barley under the stems.
I had them all under water because when I used the cap of water to root they were under water and the bubbles now are really small. Anyway, I put two of the clones just above the water level :) I can't way to see if any of them roots.

lince

I was reading another thread about cloning and they were talking about temps. Do you know what temps should the water have ? 73ºF or 80ºF ?

NoGutsGrower

I try to keep it at 65-70. Not that exact though. I just use frozen gatorade bottles with rocks inside to sink them and replace about every 12 or so hours. some times it gets up to 75 and as low as 65.

lince

I try to keep it at 65-70. Not that exact though. I just use frozen gatorade bottles with rocks inside to sink them and replace about every 12 or so hours. some times it gets up to 75 and as low as 65.
Nice, I'll try to keep it around 73ºF which is room temperature, my deposit is too small to put anything inside but I will keep in mind the frozen bottles trick for the future, sure sounds handy, thanks :)

NoGutsGrower

the mom is about 5 months old but was a clone her self.

bryon209

yeah really though your throw away cuts are better than the ones I purchase at the club, truly .....that chemdog looks awesome!!! thanks