Toke N Talk
For the truly paranoid...digital shredder -- security (Apple) in the
Cannabis Cafe forums; For the truly paranoid
Where is the digital shredder located? In the Utility folder at the bottom of the Applications ...
For the truly paranoid...digital shredder -- security (Apple)
For the truly paranoid
Where is the digital shredder located? In the Utility folder at the bottom of the Applications folder -- "Disk Utility."
Apple computers ship with a free digital shredder which will not only erase your thrown away files but write over them so they can never be recovered.
1. Open Disk Utility
2. Select your OS hard drive
3. In Disk Utility select Erase & “Erase Free Space...”
4. At the “Erase Free Space Options” window select your level of paranoia.
Selecting “7-Pass Erase of Deleted Files” will write data over the data 7 times which meets the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) 5220-22-M standard for securely erasing magnetic media.
If that option is not good enough for you select “35-Pass Erase of Deleted Files.”
Where are your user Safari cache files located in OSX?
NOTE: The workflow is throw away what is in a folder without throwing away the folder except when deleting QuickTime files which case you'll throw away the selected folders as stated below.
Home>Library>Caches>com.apple.Safari>Cache.db (throw away the Cache.db file)
Home>Library>Caches>com.apple.Safari>Webpage Previews>get rid of all the files in this folder, they are .gifs, jpegs., png, etc (they are image files to what you have been looking at on the internet
Home>Library>Caches>QuickTime>Downloads>Throw away any folder here like 00, 01, 02, 03, etc. These folders contain any thumbnail of link to movies you have been watching on the internet.
Home>Library>Cache>Metadata>Safari>Bookmarks> throw away everything in this folder. It contains navigational information to the sites you have visited.
Home>Library>Cache>Metadata>Safari>History> throw away all the files in this folder it contains the history of your internet surfing habits.
Now throw away these files:
they are all located here:
Home>Library>Safari> History.plist, HistoryIndex.sk, LastSession.plist, TopSites.plist, WebpageIcons.db
Lastly, remove what is in the LocalStorage folder located here:
Now in the Finder use, "Secure Empty Trash..." to not only empty the trash but securely write over it.
For example, as stated above, this: "Home>Library>Caches>com.apple.Safari>Cache.db " means:
1. Select your Home folder in a Finder window, it’s located in the Sidebar and looks like a house.
2. Now select the Library folder
3. Next, in your Library folder select the “Cache” folder
4. Next, while in your Cache folder select the com.apple.Safari folder
5. Select the Cache.db file and throw it away
What will happen is next time you surf the internet Safari & QuickTime will create new set of folders & files.
- Use “Private Browsing” if you use Safari to surf the internet
- Use a Proxy Browser to surf the internet
- Throw away the above files immediately after surfing the internet & use “Secure Empty Trash…” and also use Disk Utility, "7-Pass Erase" as stated above.
- Never save and load a file to a grow site with "metadata." Software like Photoshop, iPhoto, Aperture and many others can read it and it might contain information about you.
- Never use GPS (Global Positioning System) to photograph your grow, it travels as metadata with your photographs
- Never use "Location Services" on cell phone which pinpoint your location with great accuracy.
- EXIF (Exchangeable image file format) data can never be modified. EXIF data is recorded every time you click to take a photograph - it records many things like time of day, lens used, camera type...
- If you use a computer other than yours to surf the internet you most definitely will want to throw away the above files and "Secure Empty Trash..."
This may seem like a lot of stuff to do but after doing it a few time you'll have it committed to memory
(sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, mod -- feel free to post it in the correct location, thanx)
Last edited by x15; 11-16-2009 at 07:08 PM.
By im so dope in forum General Marijuana Growing
Last Post: 04-20-2011, 07:55 PM
By CrackerJax in forum Politics
Last Post: 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
By mogie in forum Indoor Growing
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
By medicineman in forum Politics
Last Post: 01-25-2007, 04:23 PM
By medicineman in forum Politics
Last Post: 12-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Tags for this Thread