It's all an experiment. Last summer I got some pollen from an LSD (Mazar-I-Sharif x Skunk #1), and crossed it on single branches with a Bruce Banner #3 and a Jillybean (and a few others, but those two are the ones I popped). That was the first time I tried pollinating. Towards the end of the summer I decided to try something else -- finishing a couple of outdoor plants in the garage to avoid the wet fall. To that end, I bought an inexpensive 600w MH/HPS set up. Up until this point, all of my indoor (after my first run with CFLs) has been LED/COB, so I had never owned any HID lights. My summer outdoor provided us with enough meds to last a year, so the indoor grows I'm doing this winter are just about adding some variety, trying Sativa strains that would take too long to flower outdoors, and testing my crosses. To that end I have a 2x4 tent with 400w of DIY Cree 3070 COBs (2-5000k, 2-4000k, 4-3000k), and a 3x3 tent with a 600w HID and a pair of Optic 120's @4000k. The 2x4 is running four small SIPs, the only experiment there is that two use bins and two use fabric pots as the soil container part. So far they are acting as one might expect, the fabric pots are draining the res's quicker. I'm curious if over the course of the grow one is better for a SIP than the other. The strain line-up is (one each): Jack Herer, Lemon Sour Diesel, Cinex, and Chernobyl. The 3x3 is currently only running the 600w MH, haven't flipped the Optics on yet. I started 16 seeds, 12 popped. In addition to the LSDxBB#3 and LSDxJillybean, I popped some Dr. Who seeds I didn't run last summer. The seedlings are a bit stretchy at the moment, I underestimated how much light intensity they could take. This is the third time I've started from seeds, the first time for an indoor grow. Then I saw some strains at a dispensary I could not resist, so there are three clones in the 3x3 with the seedlings; Wild Thai, Island Sweet Skunk, and NYC Diesel. Having lived their lives until now under fluorescent lights, the clones are going through an adjustment period with the MH light. The seeds want more light, the clones want less, experiments lead to learning, every time. I'm actually not sure if there are parameters which define a "sea of green" in terms of the number per space, but the 3x3 is the closest I've ever come to one. I expect that once the seedlings take off, they will catch up to the clones pretty quickly. When its time to up-pot, I'll keep 12 plants (3 clones, and 9 from seed) going in 2 gallon pots. I expect that 3+/- of the plants from seed will be boys, and I'll end out flowering around 9+/- plants in the 3x3. I'm guessing a lot and my vague plan is to let the plants tell me what to do along the way. That said, I am open to advice, shared experiences, and learning. Always.