Stealth / Micro / Cab Growing
Post By soylent
Journal - PC Grow / CFL / Lowrider #2 in the
Indoor Growing forums; Hey All,
Long time lurker, you guys have been my experts in the path of self sustainability. I had a ...
Journal - PC Grow / CFL / Lowrider #2
Long time lurker, you guys have been my experts in the path of self sustainability. I had a bed backboard that brought me 4 seasons of dwc bubble hydro that I am totally grateful for. I was pulling enough to hold me and my friends no problem. Plus I preggo'ed a mother that gave me a good amount of seed.
Since then, I have moved in with my GF and hopefully future wife, who is okay with smoking, but not completely sold on home grown. Unfortunately, that means I have to go super stealth for now.
I am venturing into soil since I know bubbles make more noise than you want to muffle. The noise you get from a blower fan is even worse, and since she is a tech noob, I'm going for a PC build.
I think I have all the equipment needed on order, and I have 8 of my 2 year old auto lowrider #2 seeds in soaked paper towels since yesterday. I'm shooting for one female to LST from the bunch, so I should be good.
The plan is to use the following to create a bad ass pc grow box and go soil with MG flower nute a couple weeks into the grow. I know MG isn't the expert nute to use, but from what I've seen over the years, I should be good using it at half strength.
Here is what I'm going to use:
- Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full Tower Case (22x22x9)
- Black Duct Tape and Liquid Electrical Tape to seal the box.
- NZXT Sentry LX High Performance Fan Controller for temp control fan speeds.
- 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm with a custom build active carbon tube for out.
- 2x Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm with one for a V light trap for in and one to circulate.
- Reflectix Bubble Pack Insulation all aroudn to reflex the light love.
- Power Strip with 23 watt x 4 (or 6 depending on temp) CFLs (6500 grow, 2700 flower) via power strip and splitters.
- Digital Timer for 18/6 and 12/12 light cycles.
- Polycarbonate Sheet between lights and plant to carbon filter to streamline the heat out.
- 18x6x6 inch TerraBox with drip pan
- 50% Scotts soil / 50% Perlite for medium.
The hardware arrives Tuesday, so my seeds should be germinated by then. I plan on putting them straight into the soil with a dome for the first few days.
I think I have this pretty planned out, but let me know if I'm missing something. The lowrider #2 took about 60 days to complete by dwc hydro, so I'm expecting a few extra weeks here.
I'll shoot some pics with progress as I go. For now, I don't think anyone wants to see seeds in a paper towel.
Wish me luck, I think I'll need it.
Good luck! Sounds well pllaned out. I would suggest using basic compost or potting soil that dont have any nutes added. Some of the slow release ferts are killers on young plants.