Unknown Soldiers in the
The Grow Room forums; I germinated 9 seeds on 1/31 that I had gotten from Attitude a while back, and promptly lost track of ...
I germinated 9 seeds on 1/31 that I had gotten from Attitude a while back, and promptly lost track of which they were. I am really mad at myself about it, but they are growing pretty good, so I can't complain. I am pretty sure that one of them is Deep Sweet Grapefruit, because of the smell, and I know at least one is a Sativa dominant, but I don't know much else about their identities. I won't make that mistake again! Anyway, I started them in peat pucks under cfl and worked up to 3g indoors. I set the first two out on 3/3, another 5 on 3/10 and the last little deformed one on 3/17, so they have been flowering anywhere from 22 to 35 days. They only get from 3-5 hrs of direct sun a day, but I think that they are doing well considering.370.jpg379.jpg374.jpg377.jpg
These have all been LST's with landscape staples to keep them low. The closeup is of the Grapefruit.
Nice! Sucks that you dont know whats, what. Im sure they will keep you happy all the same! Ill be sure to keep an eye on theses beaut's!
I was out checking plants yesterday evening when I noticed little white specks on some of the leaves. I pulled one off and put it under a magnifying glass and saw what I believe to be mite eggs, little clear amber bubble looking things on the underside of the leaf...so I panicked. After looking over some posts, I searched for my Neem Oil to no avail, so I used a combination of home remedies. First I mixed up some homemade insecticidal soap with dishwashing liquid and canola oil. Then I added garlic, cinnamon, and some HOT pepper juice from my garden. I went out and got on my hands and knees, and lightly sprayed the back of each leaf...I'm not kidding...of all 9 plants. While doing this I also saw what appeared to be small aphids along with the obligatory ants. My spray annihilated them on the spot. I had what was left of the peppers in my colander, so I went back out and dropped little bits of of hell around each plant. The spray was so hot that it burned my hand, and I'm not talking about temperature! I checked the plants this evening and saw no sign of insect life and the plants seemed to have survived my ministrations without injury. My only concern is that I avoided the buds entirely so I will have to keep a close watch for survivors. The payoff was that along with some dead leaves I decided to remove the small popcorn buds that were nearly at ground level on 3 of the plants. I removed three from each and put my oven on warm and dried those babies out enough to smoke. I have been out of weed for nearly 3 months now, so it wasn't hard to convince myself that these needed to be removed for the sake of "good air flow". Considering they are immature buds improperly cured, it is fantastic! I am pain free for the first time in weeks. Lovin' it!
fuck dude i know what its like growing and having nothing to smoke, and yeah anything will do the trick after 3 months, GREAT GROW man hope mine looks similar this year, fuck it must be nice to be able to flower in april im gonna have to move to a warm state to pursue my growing dreams ahahah best of luck,
Originally Posted by cindysid
The plants are looking much better, and I think the mites are gone. I have also made a discovery. I don't think that I was watering enough. We are in the middle of dry season and I have only been watering about every other day. Since the mites I have been watering everyday, and they look much better to me. I will post pics later.
Do you have a moisture meter so you can see how wet the plants are? Sucks about the mites but at least you caught them before it got out of hand!
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
No, I don't have a moisture meter, but I guess I better get one!
Originally Posted by Favre2Harvin
Well, I harvested 4 of the indicas yesterday. Here are pics of some of the rest. Will post pics of buds from yesterday later.sativa1 005.jpgsativa1 006.jpgsativa1 010.jpgsativa1 004.jpgsativa1 010.jpgsativa1 018.jpgsativa1 011.jpg
The larger ones are in their 8th week, the middle plant in the 3rd pic is about 3 weeks behind the larger ones. It was a little freak with 3 cotyledons as a seedling, but it is puttering along. The small plant in that pic is a Fast Neville that I just put outside today. It is exactly 4 weeks old. I think that the larger indicas will be ready in the next couple of weeks. The sativa (1st pic center) I don't know about. Found a mature seed on it yesterday, so there is some hermie going on here somewhere... Doesn't really matter to me tho, growing it for meds anyway.