Best Outdoor Strains (MEDICAL, LARGE YIELDING) in the
The Grow Room forums; so next year i'm growing six plants outside. using organic soil mix in 100 gallon smart pots. i have plenty ...
Last edited by arik maso; 10-31-2010 at 12:20 PM.
2 pounder by kiwi seeds has a massive yield, i got 3 pounds from one plant. It finished in early November. It was a mind blowing high for me and after a few hours it made me sleepy (Most strains do this for me though)
Just look around seedbanks till you find the perfect strain.
sativas are more uplifting but some have been known to make you feel panicky so be careful what one you pick. I would go with a hybrid on the second one but more sativa dominant
For large yield anything with big bud in it.
Change your perspective, and change what you value, and you will change your boundaries.
Any answer to what strain or strains when grown outdoors would be best will always in part or to some degree depend on where you will be growing, as in more northerly or more southerly, as in how long or short your growing season is. What might be fantastic in southern Louisiana or southern Texas likely might be a terrible choice in the U.P. of Michigan or North Dakota.
Here are a few medicinal strains and what they are known to be beneficial for. There are many more, but this is a start. You will notice that when it comes to anxiety some strains that are good are mostly or all indica. If someone with anxiety problems smokes a sativa with a high percentage of THCV they will likely pull their hair out and grind their teeth to nubs before they come back to earth.
* Insomnia, Social Awareness, Emotional Stability: Black Domina, Butterscotch Hawiian, Trainwreck, Afgani, William’s Wonder, Blueberry.
* MS Neuropathic Pain / Urinary Incontinence: Trainwreck, Super Silver Haze), NYCD and Sour Diesel. For severe pain, concentrates may be required.
* Digestive Disorders: Blueberry, Blackberry, Black Domina.
* Nausea and Diarrhea and Cramping (including Menstrual Cramps): Blueberry.
* Social Anxiety: Romulan, NL#5, Hindu Kush, OG Kush, Bubba Kush.
* Stress: Heavenly Man.
* Sleep and General Relaxation:Sonoma Coma, Lifesaver, Real Matanuska Thunder Fu*K, XXX, Legends Ultimate Indica, Sensi Star.
* Alert, Cerebral: AK-47, Dankouver, Cambodian X Orange Peako.
* Anti Depress & Anxiety, Sleep: Blue Moonshine, Jack Herrer, M-39, Herijuana.
* Chronic Pain: Romulan, Shiskeberry.
* Appetite Stimulant/Spasms: TY’s Northernberry x Reefermans herijuana.
* Joint and Muscle Pain: Legends Ultimate Indica, UBC Chemo x Grapefruit.
* Chronic pain: Blueberry, reeferman’s hashplant
* Appetite stimulant: Catalyst
* Joint and muscle pain: Blueberry
* Afghanica) Nausea, pain
* (Afghanie x Haze) PMS
* (AK-47) Pain, nausea, depression, insomnia, headache
* (Alien Train Wreck) Asthma
* (Apollo 13) Back pain
* (Auntie Em) Crohn’s Disease, MS
* (Aurora B) Nausea, joint pain, arthritis
* (Berry-Bolt) Insomnia, joint pain
* (Big Bang) Used to sedate and relieve stress & anxiety amongst sufferers of severe anxiety,etc.(EDITED/ADDED by Apprentice.Source Greenhouse seeds Co.)Cannabis cup winner, the reviews mention its medicinal properties.
* (Big Kahuna) Herniated disc pain, arthritis
* (Black on Blue Widow) HIV, back pain
* (Black Vietnamese) Nausea, muscle spasms, pain
* (Blue Fruit) Crohn’s Disease, muscle spasms
* (Blue Moonshine) Anxiety, depression, insomnia
* (Blue Satellite x Jack Herer) Depression, nausea
* (Blue Satellite) Pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, muscle tension
* (Blueberry) Nausea, insomnia, pain
* (Bog Sour Bubble) Pain, anxiety
* (Bonzo Bud) Body pain, migraine
* (Budacolumbia) Nausea
* (Burmaberry) Migraine, depression
* (Burmese kush) Anxiety, depression
* (C99 x Great White Shark) Anxiety
* (Cali-O) Nausea
* (Catalyst) PMS
* (Cinderella 99) Nausea
* (CIT) Pain, nausea, insomnia
* (Citral) Insomnia
* (Cripple Creek) Ankylosing Spondilitis, Hepatitis C, Degenerative Disc Disease, IBS, Interstitial Cystitis, Chronic Rotator Cuff Disease
* (Deep Chunk) Joint pain, insomnia
* (Dynamite) Asthma, Crohn’s Disease, Hepatitis C
* (NYC Sour Diesel) Edema, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, radiculopathy
* (El Nino) Nausea, insomnia
* (Fieldale Haze) Anxiety, back pain
* (Fig Widow) Back pain, psychosis
* (Firecracker) Anxiety, depression, nausea
* (G13 x HP) Nausea, joint pain, insomnia
* (G-13) Depression, pain, ADD, ADHD
* (Grapefruit) Arthritis, Hepatitis C, pain, nausea
* (Green Queen) Epilepsy, neck/spine pain
* (Green Spirit x Timewarp x Herijuana) RLS, insomnia, migraine, joint pain
* (Green Spirit) Nausea, headache, body pain
* (Herijuana x Trainwreck) Diabetic neuropathy, joint pain, insomnia, MS
* (Herijuana) Pain, nausea, insomnia
* (Ice Princess x Bubblegum) Migraine
* (Jack Herer) Anxiety, fibromyalgia
* (Juicy Fruit) Insomnia, joint pain, anxiety
* (Kali Mist) Nausea, depression
* (Kal-X) Body pain
* (Killer Queen) Depression, back pain
* (Krinkle x Kush x Freezeland) MS muscle spasms
* (Leda Uno) Insomnia
* (Legends Ultimate Indica x Herijuana) Muscle spasms, pain
* (Legends Ultimate Indica) Insomnia, IBS
* (Lemon Chemo) Insomnia, back pain, migraine
* (Lemon Haze) RLS, chronic fatigue
* (Lifesaver) Nausea, headache, pain, insomnia
* (Lollipop) Cachexia, degenerative bone/disc disease, edema, general pain, general seizures, glaucoma, migraine, MS, nausea, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
* (Lowryder) Nausea, pain, headache
* (LSD) Nausea, anxiety, depression, headache
* (M-39) Depression
* (Magic Crystal) Migraine, PMS, depression, SADS, mania, nausea
* (Mango x Northern Lights # 5) Pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety
* (Mango) Back pain, nausea
* (Masterkush) Nausea
* (Medicine Woman) Diabetic neuropathy, general pain, general seizures, glaucoma, Hepatitis C, muscle spasms, nausea, radiculopathy
* (Misty) Hepatitis C, back pain, insomnia, nausea
* (Motarebel Oguana Kush) Nerve Pain, muscle spasms, back pain, headache, insomnia
* (Mountainberry) Insomnia, migraine, pain
* (Northern Lights # 1) Arthritis
* (Northern Lights # 2) Nausea, insomnia
* (Northern Lights x Jamaican) Arthritis
* (Northern Lights x Cinderella 99) Depression
* (Northern Lights x Shiva) Body pain, back pain, toothache
* (Northern Lights) Anxiety, radiculopathy, insomnia
* (Northernberry) Pain
* (Oregon 90) Insomnia, joint pain, RLS, pain, nausea
* (Original Mystic) Epilepsy
* (OG kush purple)
* (Phaght Betty) Cachexia, degenerative bone/disc disease, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
* (Queen Bee) Neck/spine pain
* (Sensi Star) Migraine
* (Shiskaberry x Dutch Treat) Migraine, anxiety, insomnia, nausea
* (Shiskaberry x Hash Plant) Anxiety, nausea
* (Skunk # 1) Nausea
* (Snow White) PMS
* (Sour cream) Insomnia, joint pain, nausea
* (Stardust 13) Pain, nausea, insomnia
* (Strawberry Cough) Back pain, depression
* (Super Impact x AK-47) Pain, insomnia
* (Super Impact) Nausea, insomnia, muscle pain, depression, anxiety, SADS, mania
* (Super Silver Haze) Nausea, depression
* (Super Thai) Depression
* (Sweet Blu) Degenerative bone/disc disease, diabetic neuropathy, edema, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, nausea, neck/spine pain
* (Sweet Tooth # 3) Depression
* (Trainwreck x Herijuana) Nausea
* (Trainwreck) Anxiety, arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, depression
* (TW x LUI) Arthritis, nausea
* (TX) Arthritis, asthma, general pain, general seizures, glaucoma, MS
* (Ultra Green) Insomnia
* (Wakeford) Anxiety, nausea, insomnia
* (White Rhino – aka Medicine Man) Body pain, back pain, joint pain, insomnia
(White Russian) Pain, nausea
* (White Widow x Big Bud) Depression
* (White Widow) Cachexia, Hepatitis C, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
If you want to research yields and flowering times you should be able to find information for most of the strains listed by following the link below.
Last edited by Brick Top; 11-03-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Reason: Typo repair
thanks for all the great responses guys! so far im thinking romulan would be good for a night time smoke, i'd be getting the seeds from attitude. im flowering some strawberry cough right now, so i will give that the taste test in a couple months and see if its a good daytime/depression medication. right now im vegging a cali hash plant (dinafem), i read it is mold resistant, heavy yielding, and finishes early; so that one is definitely a possibility for next year. has anyone had any experience with the cali hash plant? im wondering if it's up to par with dinafem's description
I got one for ya.....ROMULAN!!
well i don't know what area you are from so i am not sure what to tell you... first off you could take a look at mandala seeds fabulous web site. they have a lot of great info describing their strains "lots of info!" they also have a strain selector along with a map that you can use to choose strains that are suitable for your area.
now i live in an area where outdoor grows have problems with mold and mildew... so i took that into strong consideration when choosing my strains for this comming year. I ordered Barney's farm pineapple chunk because it is supposed to be mold and disease resistant and it is supposed to be really potent. i have read some bad reviews on it though lately... mostly related to it being more sativa than indica... which is opposite of its description.
Mandala seeds hashberry sounds like a good all around strain that has good yield and is very "hard to kill" mold and disease resistant. and mandala #1 is supposed to be a very good northern strain.
I also have blue hash and california hash plant from dinafem that i may put out too... i wish mandala seeds would offer fem seeds soon.
Last edited by wil2279; 11-07-2010 at 12:06 AM.
ya mandala has some great deals. my sister just ordered me a pack of the sadhu beans to try out. i checked out their website and it's pretty cool, lots of good info. i haven't flowered the cali hash plant yet, but so far its a strong grower, that loves to be topped and stinks!
Hi for medicinal purposes it's not only the type and the strenght that's important but also that you pick a relatively MOLD resistant type and you check very regularly for mold, because molds can have very bad side effects in Medicinal w. I contribute organic outdoor to the Mediwiet program here in Holland and furnish mostly MS sufferers with a derivate strain of Greenhouse THE CHURCH because it's also an appetite stimulant. I also make a sleep potion with tincture from LAVENDER (Soma) which is generally calming and grounding.
They don't have a huge yield outside but you can mix your harvest with another mold resistant indica outdoor 'cash crop' plant like Himalaya Gold, which is a good overall tip, but not hugely mold resistant, so check regularly and if growing in acidic soil and wet weather add some dissolvable lime / chalk to the water once in a while to avoid root rot.
Last edited by Eversans; 11-08-2010 at 11:45 AM.
all i have to say is TIMEWARP. it is weather and mold resistant. has a lemony sweet taste. very good crystal production. check out the link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALu_7h6THo
By smooothy in forum General Marijuana Growing
Last Post: 03-16-2010, 11:25 AM
By whoodi in forum Seed and Strain Reviews
Last Post: 02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
By Maryjane123 in forum General Marijuana Growing
Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
By wunshot in forum Outdoor Growing
Last Post: 03-20-2008, 01:47 AM
By samara1 in forum Introduce Yourself
Last Post: 08-25-2007, 03:40 AM