Let me start it off with all the information i have about H&G.
I have ONLY had experience with the SOIL line so whatever i say is based strictly on the soil line.
HG is huge in europe from what i hear. It just recently became available in the States (atleast to me, and to my knowledge). The guy who created it, Van De Zwaan is also the same person who created Canna Nutes (and Bio Bizz i believe). Having over 30 years experience, i believe the guy probably has a good idea what he is doing. You have to figure his newest product (which bears his family name) is probably better than the older ones, no?
One thing i can tell you is this guy was listening when growers told him what they wanted. HG is an amazing set of products. What brings many people to H&G is the promise of great stability and NO SALT BUILDUP. The stuff just holds it's PH with only a +0.1/-0.1 fluctuation for days, maybe even weeks from what i've seen. Anyone who is sick of salt buildup and all the problems and work that come with it, Fret no more i think your answer is here. I will give a quick rundown of the products i have seen used first hand:
1. Soil A+B - All i know is this stuff has everything one could ask for in the purest highest quality form. I do however supplement with a LITTLE bit of calmag, dont know if it's needed or my own paranoia of having calmag def's throughout the years. One thing i would be careful of is they reccomend running nutrients a little hot. I use about 50%-80% of the recomended dosages at different times throughout. If i used what they said my PPM would be something crazy like 2300 or something. Alls i know is full strength is a little too much for me.
2. Multizyme - This is the one product i am ho-hum about. I think i prefer Cannazyme over the multizyme although i have to admit i do not have to much info regarding the Multizyme, or what makes it different from the other enzyme products. (probably not much is my guess).
3. Root Stimulator - One word, AMAZING. Blows Rhizotonic (Canna's root stim) out of the water. Regardless of what nutrient line i use EVER i will always use the HG Root stimulator. Huge, happy, quick growing white roots. Also helps alot with either restoring or some how getting rid of brown nasty roots. DONT ASK ME HOW, MAYBE ITS MAGIC? Super concentrated. Very expensive. ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. It only calls for 1.1ml/gallon so you get alot of bang for your buck. Probably use 10 liters of Rhizotonic for every 1 of HG Root Stim. I know i said this already but i really cant stress how wonderful of a product this is. You'd swear i worked for these fools but no... it's just really that good.
4. Bud XL - Again a really amazing bloom supplement. Again, not too sure of the composition of this stuff but it works very well and is also super concentrated. To be honest and objective i am not sure if i prefer Bud XL/Top Booster (HG) or Canna Boost/PK13/14(Canna). The jury is still out on this one. Will have more definitive answers on this one at a later date. (This is why i started this thread because i DONT have all the answers, and i'd like some input and feedback and corrections anywhere i might be wrong)
5. Top Booster - Pretty good stuff again. It is used only 3-4 times for a period of one week (beggining of week 5 i believe). Again, BudXL/Top Booster are two products i do not have enough knowledge of to form an opinion versus other products (mainly Canna). I do know it works well... Duh it's supposed to eh?
6. Shooting Powder- ehhh. now this stuff is unique. Basically it is some SUPER concentrated powder, 1 sachet makes 25 gallons. ALWAYS MIX YOUR BASE NUTES TO A LOW EC (says 1.2 i think on the chart). This stuff is POWERFUL. It basically starts a second flowering burst late into the flowering cycle. Claims 20%-30% increase in fruit size. Couple things to remember. This stuff is POWERFUL, and takes ALOT from your plants. ONLY use on healthy plants and try to time it right (not too late). DONT OVER DO IT WITH THIS STUFF. Also one thing that bugged me out which i found out is perfectly normal is it will fizzle a little when you mix it w/ your water.
7. Magic Green - Good shit. Alls i can tell ya. DO NOT ABUSE. i say that because the shit works so well your plant will find it much easier to get the nutrients from the leaves rather than the roots, and in turn will create a root problem. More specifically underdeveloped roots. Had a friend who was a little pale and yellow going into flowering. Hit em' up with the Magic Green right before lights out ONE night, and it greened everything right up within a few days. This product is not included in the regular feeding regiment becuase it is not required but is great for correcting minor deficencies or delivering nutes to a plant with lockout.
8. Drip Clean - now this is the one product that sells alot of people on HG. The promise of NO SALT BUILDUP. So is it true? Well... YES!! I Dont use it because i prefer soil. Guy at the hydroshop and a few friends run it and i cant tell you how much easier there lives are now. No more scrubbing Res's, No more leeching lines. it's just amazing. Buddy used GH for 10 years and switched for the simple fact of no salt buildup. I have heard that if you are going to use this USE IT FROM DAY ONE. i say this becuase i've heard it will hurt your plants for some reason if they are not used to it and begin getting it half way through.... Just a thought w/ no science or facts backing it up- Maybe start using it w/ your mothers early so you can guage the effects AND your clones will adapt to it before hand.
One last thought. The feeding chart calls for R/O water... SO USE IT!!!
So i think thats alls i got right now? probably forgot half of what i wanted to say, and the other half is only probably half accurate? i'll be back with more soon. Going to start a Canna Nutes thread and a Querkle strain thread also so be on the lookout!
This thread was inspired by FloJo so someone find him and tell him to come over and drop some of his knowledge on us. PURRRRRRRRPLE OUT! LATER