New Grower - Needs Guidance in the
The Grow Room forums; I've been drawn into the world of growing. Sadly, my comprehension of plant growing is severely limited and it seems ...
New Grower - Needs Guidance
I've been drawn into the world of growing. Sadly, my comprehension of plant growing is severely limited and it seems that my own judgement is not worthy of making proper decisions.
So, what I'm asking is: help me a little bit?
I want to grow around six LowRyder 2 plants in soil under a 400w metal halide light. I think I can get the mh light system for $150.00 on ebay.
I will have a grow room of 2' width, 2' length, 3' height, made out of wood covered in white garbage bag.
I don't know if I understand exactly how to make a fan or vent for the box - which is probably bad.
I'm using Miracle Grow soil from Wal-Mart.
I have no nutrients and can not comprehend all the different varieties that so many people support.
I want to know the following things:
1) What size pots should I use? I want to try the method where you germinate in a biodegradable flower pot and then put the pot straight into your final size pot. What is the appropriate size pot needed for a maximum sized LowRyder 2 plant?
2) What exactly does the LowRyder 2 require as far as watering and nutrients? When do I water, how often do I add nutrients? (I know that you add nutrients around 3 weeks)
3) What do I do if I get a male? Is that plant useless? Does it produce seeds? Do I need to put a female next to a male to get seeds? Or does a male plant automatically produce seeds? And really... how do I TELL it's a male?
4) What else am I missing? is there anything else I need to do? is there a really cheap way of doing all this so I don't have to spend $150.00 on lights? 'Cos I'm poor.
GrowFAQ, check it out, read it. All your questions and more can be answered with a little...well maybe a lot of research, but we all had to do it.
Keep reading. First thing you should do is do some research on different types of lighting. Then spend some time researching different styles of growing, even if you end up using soil, learning about different types of Hydro and how they work will greatly improve your overall knowledge of growing.
Honestly you should know exactly what you need to do from seed to dried weed before planting anything, way to many people plant seeds, then spend a bunch of money on crap, then they end up here with absolutely no clue of what to do.
You managed to ask the ultimate noob question, how can I grow weed with little or no money and no knowledge?
Please dont take that the wrong way, we all have to start somewhere. But check out the GrowFAQ, its a great place to start.
You may not want to hear this, but I spend more than $150 on only 2 bulbs every 6-8 months. Last week I spent $100 on 3 heavy duty extension chords, and another $100 on 3 high wattage timers.
Good luck, happy growing.
Last edited by BCtrippin; 12-06-2008 at 07:49 PM.
DISCLAIMER: I know I can be an asshole, That's probably why I said whatever pissed you off. So before you start typing that ridiculous reply because your upset, know that I probably already don't care.
Your grow space might be too hot with that 400W light. You may need to get yourself a Cool Tube reflector for the lamp. You're also going to need an inline fan and a place to duct away the heat like an attic or maybe a window, though it's not very stealthy. HTGS has the best prices and they sell on ebay too. To answer your questions:
1) 2 gallon pots should be sufficient.
2) Feeding isn't really strain specific, so there are no special instructions for LR2. You should water the plants when the top inch of soil dries. You'll develop a routine as you go, but don't get caught up on schedules right now. Let the plants tell you when they need water.
3) If you get a male, get rid of it quickly before it pollenates your females. There are several LR feminized seeds too, so that's something to consider.
4) Growing requires an investment. Get quality gear and you'll have less problems and greater yields. You could probably grow a couple of plants for under $100, but your goal is 6. I've seen good things from relatively inexpensive CFL grows, but HID lights will step things up substantially.
And yes, read the GrowFAQ
By brathawitlocs in forum Hydroponics / Aeroponics
Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
By jaydiem02 in forum Newbie Central
Last Post: 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM
By Quebec Big Dog in forum General Marijuana Growing
Last Post: 08-16-2008, 11:17 PM
By refeermadness in forum Newbie Central
Last Post: 02-29-2008, 08:40 PM
By LocalStoner in forum Introduce Yourself
Last Post: 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Tags for this Thread