I'm about a week away from my first harvest, can't fucking wait
How are you going to be drying them?
Photo on 2011-11-16 at 01.43.jpgPhoto on 2011-11-04 at 07.53 #2.jpg
Dinafem Critical+ grown in Miracle Grow organic soil.
5 gallon buckets
120w HPS and about 400w cfl.
Fox farm trio nutes.
Vegged for 30 days
Flowered for 59.
One hell of a plant. I abused the piss out of it and it probably should've hermied but it feels good to finally chop. There are probably 5 or 6 smaller nugs on the plant that I left to mature for another week or two. Very vigorous plant. A high recommendation for any newb who knows they are going to fuck up and wants a resistant strain. Anyways, I guess I'm just throwing it up to see if anyone has any questions or remarks, feel free.
Stay stoney guys
congrats...make sure u dry and cure it correctly
Everything I say is a lie. Pics are from the net......
Anytime you harvest anything your first grow it means you did a good job! The biggest thing I can recommend is to learn from your mistakes and try different things. Happy smoking!
Thanks for the response guys. And yes, I thought it was a cute plant too.
The main lessons I learned are
1. fill your fucking bucket up all of the way to the top. the dirt compresses when watered. logic much?
2. 90 is too hot for a seedling. I had heat issues back in september and I think it had a lot to do with the growth stunt.
3. ph is pretty detrimental. It really does lock shit out if not within the window. It stayed at 8 until I got some aluminum sulphate.
4. supercropping is awesome but do it earlier than later.
5. Same thing with cutting off bottom nugs.
6. Same thing with topping.- topped twice at week 3-4ish of flowering and it slowed growth a lot.
7. People suck. keep your shit locked up tighter than you ever would think you need to. Be paranoid as fuck and you should be fine.
8. gnats suck. They're more intrusive than people. However a pest strip and a plug in and the gnat problem is solved. If only the people problem was as easy.
9. Move at the pace of a plant. Don't be overly ambitious and fuck with it too much. It hates it.
that's all the wisdom this newb can impart for now.
I am curing them in a cardboard box with a screen to rest on currently and in about 3-4 days I will start the process of burping. I've read that burping should consist of putting the weed in jars about half way up the jar and letting it "burp" for about an hour a day. Continue this process for close to two weeks and the bud should just keep, theoretically. I'll probably do this for at least a week before I start to try them. I have bud so don't feel as though it's my only option right now.
I've read countless threads on curing and stuff but I was wondering if any of the old guys had anything that they do special that seems to work for them? I also know that there are a million ways to do this and just plain experimenting is the only real way to learn anything well.
Last edited by scrottiemcboogerballs; 11-16-2011 at 12:15 PM.
It's great you already learned all that from your first grow! The best thing for your curing question above is to read ganjaluvr's sticky at the top of the harvesting and curing main page, some great info in it. Make sure to dry the buds as slow as you can so they have time to break down all the nasty smells/tastes. Without a proper drying the cure is almost irrelevant.
Here is the link (feeling a bit over ambitious today): Ganjaluvrs Drying & Curing Broken Down into Understandable English
what was the weight?
awesome plant bro
I give + rep for good answers to my questions and if you give me rep, plz leave your name so I can rep you back and if YOU DONT LIKE AMERICA YOU CAN GEHHHT OUUUUUTTTTTTTTT!!!!
I didn't get a wet weight (I guess I didn't see it as necessary) but I anticipate to get a little less than an ounce dry. I'm probably undershooting but I don't trust my abilities yet. The height was around 18'.
I'll probably harvest the last couple of smaller nugs in a week or two but I don't anticipate them weighing very much at all.