Grow Room Design & Setup
mtbtheory's Experimental Vertical Aerobox in the
The Grow Room forums; Hello everyone, this thread will be to document the building of an experimental setup.
The box will have a 4'x4' ...
mtbtheory's Experimental Vertical Aerobox
Hello everyone, this thread will be to document the building of an experimental setup.
The box will have a 4'x4' internal grow area, which will be enclosed in a larger box. The majority (if not entirety) of the box will be custom built by myself. The box will have 4 vertical walls with 2" PVC sites for netpots. On the outside of the inner grow box, the roots will hang in mid-air with a PVC construction and EZ Clone Sprayers run from a pump in the bottom of the reservoir. The light will be either a 400W or 600W, hung vertically in the middle of the box within a cool tube with fan attached for cooling. The hope is to attach the light to an automated pulley system to move the light up and down within the grow area. The setup will include a hinged door that can be opened and closed, and a removable lid/top for an alternate method of access. With the door the idea is to be able to pull the entire 4'x4' area out to observe root growth.
4’x4’ Grow Area enclosed in a 4’?”x 4’?” Box
• Constructed from wood, plastic resin for waterproofing, then covered with plastic lining sealed down with silicone, inside covered with Mylar
• 4’x4’ internal box will be able to slide out to observe root growth & development
• Sites will be constructed out of 2” PVC and 2” Netpots
• Aeroponic sprayers constructed from PVC and EZ Clone Spray Nozzles and Pump
• 400W or 600W Light with Cooltube and Fan and DIY Light Mover
• Internal Fans for air circulation
• Large Fan for Air Intake (fresh Co2)
• Carbon Filter and Fan
• Removable Top Lid
• Hinge-mounted Swing Door
• Four Walls: 21 site (14”x18” Spacing), 32 site (14”x12”), 45 site (10”x12”), and 55 site (10”x10”) in a staggered layering method in hopes to maximize volume.
In the future as design details are worked out, I will be including Google Sketchup renderings, and eventually a DIY thread on how to build the box if the grow is successful.
As always, feedback is appreciated and necessary, especially those from the curious, inquisitive, aeroponics lovers, vertical growers, and lovers of the ganja
By dog in forum General Marijuana Growing
Last Post: 01-14-2011, 09:50 PM
By nuskool89 in forum Indoor Growing
Last Post: 05-21-2010, 05:05 AM
By TOKEMASTERFLEX in forum Hydroponics / Aeroponics
Last Post: 01-25-2009, 02:36 PM
By MuntantLizzard in forum Gardening
Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:58 PM
By KaliSmok3 in forum Indoor Growing
Last Post: 10-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Tags for this Thread