Duckfoot in 100% perlite hempys in the
The Grow Room forums; Hello and welcome to my grow. I am starting this mainly because while researching info on duckfoot strain I found ...
Duckfoot in 100% perlite hempys
Hello and welcome to my grow. I am starting this mainly because while researching info on duckfoot strain I found little to no information about it. I hope my journal might be able to help others growing this strain,or I can gain more info from others who have grown it.
Anyway here are the things I have learned about duckfoot.
1. It is a slow growing plant. I first attempted to grow it SOG style. Rooted clone str8 to 12/12 in an ebb&flow set up. not a good idea...lol, although it goes against SOG rules, you have to veg this for atleast a month. So I opted to harvest once every 60 days. I cut clones from the moms for the next grow, just as the vegged clones are entering the flower room. This gives me 2 weeks to get roots and start vegging, it also gives me some extra time in case I have any problems.
2. Although it requires a long veg time, this strain flowers almost as soon as introduced to a 12/12 cycle. Usually within 7days.
3. Unlike other plants I've grown, duckfoot doesent stretch much when switched to flower. I'm not sure why, I can only guess its because it starts flowering quickly.
I veg them till 20" and the end up 25"-30". I don't think they could get the 2x-3x some ppl get when switched.
4. They do like to grow alot of branches and will turn into a bush with little training. I on the other hand am trying to lollypop them...lol, I love a good fight.
No, I just train them that way because of my room size. I may let them go wild this time. I have removed bottom branches till now ,but we will see once I put them into the flower room,what direction I will take.
5. From all I have read, these are not good for indoor.But as I mentioned b4, I love a good fight. I think if you can grow it outdoors,should be able to grow it indoors. This is my 3rd. go around with duckfoot indoors,so its still a learning process.
6. Contrary to what I have read about duckfoot, mine are light feeders and sensitive to nutes. I have had them burn at 1/2 strength feedings.
Should also mention this is my first go with the hempys.
Last edited by mountainboy; 01-29-2013 at 11:33 AM.
OK, here are some pics. The 1st few are of the vegged clones in there 16oz. 100% hempy solo cups. Yes they are grown in my dungeon lol. I put a pic of one of the webbed leaves in there too. duckfoot.jpg solocups.jpgthe dungon.jpg
Last edited by mountainboy; 01-29-2013 at 12:07 PM.
I hope to transplant 2nite. This will be there new home for the next 2 months. I arranged the 2gal. waste baskets in a 4x4 area,under 1000 watt HPS. 1.5 hempys.jpgnew home 1.jpgnew home 2.jpg I did put hydroton in the bottom of basket for weight,and to give the roots something to anchor to,but we will still call it 100% perlite grow...lol.
Last edited by mountainboy; 01-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.
So the break down goes like this.
2. 24 plants.
3. vegged 4 weeks, under 250watt. MH, using GH 3 part flora series.1-1-1 mix,@ 1/4 strength
4. flowered in 6x9 room,in 4x4 area, under 1000watt. HPS , GH 3part,cali mag,silica blast, H2o2. nutes and additives used at 1/4 strength to start.
5. 2gal. hempy waste baskets. hydroton in bottom 2" , 100% perlite.
More details to come. Cant think of anything else right now.
will try and post more pics tonite after transplant.
Feel free to ask questions, or let me know if you have grown duckfoot. Were your finding different then mine.
Learning How To Roll
Learning How To Roll
awesome cant wait to see how this turns out. im slowly making the transition from soil to hydro but getting things together such as meters and making all the calculations before i jump in. any advice on the gh nutes? would you recommend them?
Fantastic ... lots of interest on this one. Subbed.
I have always used GH nutes. I guess I would recommend them, alot of ppl use GH with the lucus formula. As far as advice on using them,I would say don't start off with there feeding schedule.At a minimum start with half strength and see how your plants react. I am going to try a bloom booster on this run. pk 13/14 if I can get it from my shop.
Originally Posted by syndakitspypanda1777
Thanks glad to have you here. Hope I dont disappoint, my last runs of this in the flood tables had some issues. Results where disappointing only achieved 10 1/2 oz's. under 1000watts.
Originally Posted by Moebius
Tags for this Thread