You got so many plants out there. Maybe a little too much for the tent size don't you think? Anyway good job so far
My first Closet Grow on Low Budget ( 2 x Aurora Indica 2 x Short Rider Autoflowering ) 2012
70+ days and still vegging with my Aurora Indica When to start flowering ?
ok, long time since posting.... here's an update... tear... So I almost killed the plants by keeping the pump running for four days straight. Anyone reading this post and working out there own eb and flow design remember my advice! ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TIMERS AND CONTROLS! The problem was, as you can see from my previous posts, we moved the plants down to my roommates room, for height constraints. There, they didn't get the day to day attention they were getting in my room. No blames placed on others, it was totally my fault. GRRRRRRRR. Anyways, we saved over half the crop, and cut out the rest, and have some promising results. I'm really encouraged by the undergrowth, it seems to have survived the best. After viewing and seeing firsthand CO2 extraction, and the new "rempen" design from my local dispensary, I think I'll take this as a lesson well learned and turn most of my crop into oil and hash. The mothers I posted earlier, we flipped to flowering. Sorry for the news, but we wanted a good harvest and electric bills were getting expensive. On the plus side, I was experimenting with the "FIM" technique, and managed to get 17 tops from one plant! The buds are coming along nicely.
Since starting this escapade, I had the best of hopes. But like all perfectionists, we're never happy with our results. I wish I could say I got the best of this adventure, but a stupid mistake made it impossible to tell what the max output could be. However, as anyone following along could tell, we read these posts to see others mistakes, and to revel in there successes. I've talked with many people, and plan to adapt my tent in the following ways:
1. I am trading my 1k hps lamp for a 600w hps. After extensive research, I feel confident that the 600w is the most efficient and easiest to maintain. It can get closer to lights, and maintain the most positive of lumens to heat ratio in any ballast other than LED. I'm not that far of a disbeliever yet I'll post pictures soon, really close to harvest on the plants that survived.
2. I am definitely NOT waiting the three weeks prescribed in my feed chart. They are getting one week veg and going straight to flower. I plan on topping two days before flipping and staking every plant to grow as vertical as possible.
3. Height will be controlled, and the idea behind the SOG be upheld.... all tops, no bottoms. I got greedy topping the plants. Next time around, all 24 plants will be staked and trimmed to reflect a top/ft squared method.
I also plan to implement a CO2 regiment as the temperature drops more and heat is less an issue. After talking my roommate into hydro, and he being a soil lover, he plans to go back to soil, and try organics. I remain a believer that hydro is an answer to any question, because you can break a question down to individual parts. The idea similar in my mind to a soundboard controller... You don't just put them all to the max, for the best output you must adjust each level. I'm sorry for the delay, and I promise pics to come soon.
Last edited by toris1981; 07-25-2012 at 11:46 PM.
....it was not a beginning, but it was A beginning.
Check out my journal!!! http://www.rollitup.org/grow-journal...3-1k-watt.html