Greetings all, I've decided to start posting information about what I'm doing in the hope that it helps someone out there, maybe it'd even suit them to do something similar. I've been at this project since this October and I've just been messing around so far, but I'm beginning to see results already.
I'm very limited for space and only have about 3' in height to grow my plants (after light space). I'm using 7" pots, and flowering early (about 6") to limit the growth. I'm currently using a 200watt CFL bulb.
I'm growing from a mother plant that I've been told is Northern Light. The mother is healthy and currently in a separate growing area receiving 18hrs of light 200watt CFL. There's a 9" table fan and a 6" extractor, both are set on timers.
I've created a separate cloning area to help start things off and everything seems to be going so far. Believe it or not, I'm using a 24watt cfl bulb I picked up in woodies for €8, I have a light meter, and it's producing 1700 lumens and the top of the plant, that seems to be enough, nothing's died in there so far.
I'm putting my clones in a grow medium using a rooting gel, keeping the medium moist twice a day, and gently misting a few times a day, after two weeks some start showing signs of roots poking out the bottom of the cube. The solution I use for the misting is a 'jump start' kind of thing, I use it for both misting and wetting, using the misting formula prescribed. Seems to do the trick.
After 3/4 weeks I transplant them into larger pots (7") and move them to join the mother plant in the growing area, thus allowing them to grow for another 4 weeks. Watering usually once a day, just before lights out, around 300ml of water with a squirt of juice.
Then I just move them straight into the flowering area and hope for the best. The first 8 weeks are up now and the first batch of super dwarf buds are almost ready, we're at about 10% pistil turning at the moment. I only started these ones so I'd have something in there. They went straight from the cloner into the flowering area after four weeks.
At the moment I have 8 in the cloner for the past 2 weeks and they're looking good. One ready to move from grow area to flower area, four growing in there too along with the mother plant. Two nearly ready to harvest, another flowering since the 6th Dec and another flowering since the 17th.
My intention is to grow as much as I smoke, about a quarter a week when busy, half when not, and when just hanging around the full ounce. But I'm very good a rationing myself once I know what I have. You can always start later in the day if you really have to, better then not smoking at all.
I hope to get around an ounce every two weeks out of 4 plants (8 week grow cycle) using these 3 separate areas. Replacing a plant every 2 weeks when one is harvested.
"The Clone Zone"
Made from a stripped out old PC I had lying around
Inside The Clone Zone
This pic shows 4, I currently have 8 in there
The Growing Area
About 3" X 3" with the light tilted, plants are turned daily when fed
The Flowering Area
About 3" X 3", I keep the light at the one level and move the plants up and down as necessary, plants are turned daily when fed
These are my two mini buds, hardly worth my while, but if I didn't they wouldn't be here...
All the Best for now,