is that normal or is that in most tap waters in verry small trace amounts?
This is in my water:
-Haloacetic Acid (HAAs)
-Chloroform (Another form of chlorine that cannot dissolve in water)
I use tap water sometimes. Just leave it outside in a large container for 48 hours so the chlorine evaporates. Try to also collect rainwater, use filtered water or pond water so there is no buildup of salt or chemicals from using tap water alone.
I grow outdoors, so ... the pond is pretty close. I fill 3 gallon jugs and haul them with my ATV. As I mentioned, I mix it up. They seem to be doing great. My big one broke 11' (the othere are LST'd) and still growing.
I guess I'm fucked because there is no stove between the pond and the woods where my grow is, lol. Plants look great. The one that isn't LST'd is going on 12'. Whatever's in that water seems to be fine. There are fish and frogs in the pond so the water supports life. What is it exactly in the pond water that is going to "get my plants" and what is it going to do to them, lol
It really depends on the pond. Mine is largish (about an acre) and has turtles, frogs, crayfish, etc., ducks and geese visit - so those are good signs. Still this has been a bad year for rainfall. That is why I am supplementing with (mostly) dechlorinated tap water, mixing with the pond water in case the pond water is too concentrated due to dry conditions. I foliar feed/water/spray with filtered water only. I think this way of using different sources for water is good if there is no one ideal source. Anyhow, it seems to be working great
Are the byproducts in tap water detrimental to the plant's growth or the finished product?