General Marijuana Growing
Post By Nitegazer
Setup help needed for first proper grow !! in the
The Grow Room forums; basically ive recently completed my first grow (which was a right bodge job !! ) and its given me the ...
Able To Roll A Joint
Able to roll a joint
Setup help needed for first proper grow !!
basically ive recently completed my first grow (which was a right bodge job !! ) and its given me the urge to do a real good grow and put the time and effort in !! I allready have a 400watt HPS and am looking at getting a 1m x 1m x 1m grow tent, and flirting with the idea of hydroponics, spoke to the guy from whom i purchased the light who informed me that the 400w HPS is only compatible with other 400w light bulbs so i am going to get a 400w MH for the veg stage just wondered if . . .
1.this area would be too small for a 400watt light?
2.will I have to get a cool tube to combat the heat?
3. Is this area too small for 8 autos?
4. is hydro appropriate for this set-up ?
5. finally, is 400watt MH heat far too much for young seedlings to grow?
cheers any advise very much appreciated !!
1. Nope. That area is great for a 400w
Originally Posted by GanjaGazza
2. Heat may or may not be an issue. But, keep in mind that the effective lighting distance for a 400w is about 20". With a cool tube, you can have more plant within range.
3. Don't do autos... sorry.
4. I would say it fits hydro well (3x3 table eg.), assuming your 1m height is a typo. Also consider passive hydro (soilless).
5. You will either want a lot of distance between the light and seedlings, or use CFLs for the first two weeks.
you can veg with a hps, no problem.Just use what you have,or get a conv bulb
As far as heat, you might need a cool tube in the tent, just get a inline fan.I would.Temp for my 400w gets to 84f max in my closet, but I'm not using a tent.
Last edited by 209 Cali closet grower; 05-25-2012 at 09:18 AM.
What you have to consider with such a small tent is how much space the light will take up, how much distance is required from plants to light, and your pots height.
If i took all of this into consideration with my light i would have about 45cm of grow space.
I agree. with that little hieght and width, you will need to implement a lot of LST and I might even suggest a SCroG if it will fit.
Originally Posted by dimebong