CFL / Fluorescent Lighting
12/12 fs, does it matter what spectrum? in the
Indoor Growing forums; Hey guys, quick question, I plan on running a 12/12 fs stealth grow with two 125w cfls and a 135w ...
12/12 fs, does it matter what spectrum?
Hey guys, quick question, I plan on running a 12/12 fs stealth grow with two 125w cfls and a 135w Blackstar led. I want to gradually introduce lightinb as to not breed greedy bitches. My question is, I want to kntroduce the plant fs with the 6500k 125w, then after a while give it the 2700k, and finally the led. Does this soind reasonable, or even necessary if growing 12/12 fs??
Thanks in advance!
Hard Corps: I see we are from the same fraternity so here's what I know. It's the color of the light and nutrient change that will trigger flowering. You'll drop the long hours of light on as it occurs in nature from spring and summer to the shorter days of of fall and winter. Most folks go form 18 on and 6 off to 12/12 but mother nature does it a lot more gradually. That's why I like the progressive light schedule better.
We also change the nutrients and go from the high nitrogen nutes that are low in K and P that we use for vegging to lower N and higher K and P. This done in conjunction with the light schedule change brings them into flowering in a half to a third the time it takes in nature. Almost all the sources I've read preach this so you might want to RTFB.
1. Read: SeeMoreBud’s book, “marijuana BUDS FOR LESS- GROW 8 OZ. OF BUDS FOR LESS THAN $100.”
2. Read: Jorge Cervantes’s book, “marijuana HORTICULTURE THE INDOOR/OUTDOOR MEDICAL GROWER’S BIBLE.”
3. Read: Ed Rosenthal’s, “marijuana GROWER’S HANDBOOK.”
4. You’ll also want to read: Mc Carthy’s book, “GROWING marijuana.”
5. You should also subscribe to, “HIGH TIMES,” magazine. Each issue is chocked full of useful information. .” All these resources are very well written, well illustrated and packed with information that will answer most of your questions before you know to ask them. And I want to add a new book to the list, a 6th one: “THE CANNABIS GROW BIBLE- SECOND EDITION,” written by Greg Green. It’s a match to, if not better than, the ones listed above. Doing your homework and consulting these resources first will save you and your plants a lot of anxiety before you plant. These forums are great but often they can’t get the information you need to you in a timely fashion. I hope this helps. HSA
hell yea man, semper fi. See what im doing is goin straight to the flower stage from seed. achieving this via straight 12/12 light schedule. My question is, worded a bit differently, will the 6500k light be beneficial for its early growth (even though im not actually entering an official vegetative stage) or should I just stick with the 2700k lights the whole time before introducing the led?
Hopefully the newly revised wording helps? Basically I want to stimulate the plant with vegetative light, withough vegging, that make sense? Lol
PS great reads, have 4 outta 5!
yes the 6500 will be better for initial veg growth, but having the mix of both will be great. i go from t5's to 2000w hps and dont worry about the plant.
right now for flowering i have a red spectrum LED, 9 2700k CFLs and i'm about to add 2 more... I never use 6500(blue) for flowering.. just red or orange