Club T5

pedro420

How old is she I haven't been to you grow yet by am about to swing by

edit
nice looking shyt at a month if you go to my sig and watch the vid or look at last pics you can see my la diva and lil devel at about a month my next update is tuesday and she has grown a lot sence last week this update will be 6 weeks

sootypaws

Undercover- Thanks for your time spent helping me get a grasp on the whole Par realm. I'm planning on setting up in a basement location w/ 6' ceilings and have been leaning towards T5's for that reason(limited ceiling height). Also desiring keeping electrical use low and efficient.I have an old external ballast HPS that I could incorporate but may not even use it. Thinking I'll invest in some Quantum Bad Boys w/ various Par specific bulbs to be determined and design a hybrid aero/NFT "Stinkbud" hydro system. Hoping to do a sealed room and try to get away w/ no A/C if possible w/ CO2. Still doing research on env. controllers. Anybody familiar with the digital controllers by Sero Systems? Any tips appreciated, I've been out of the growing thing for about 15 yrs, but getting psyched to give it a whirl again. Thanks again for any input.

Undercover Cop

So this sux balls we just lost the last months worth of posts... I guess Ill just post a few pics to show where I am and to get things going again. I just posted an update in my thread also for more pics :)

Veg box, 7 tubes total (6bulb Hydrofarm, FloraSun/BlueWave/FS/BW/FS/BW +1 ReefWave sidelight) 6 newly rooted FCJ clones and my almost ripe AutoHobbit
DSC02688.jpg
DSC02639.jpgDSC02685.jpg
DSC02683.jpg

Flowering Box, 16 tubes total (4+8+4, FS/Roseate/CoralWave/FS - PlantGrow/RedSun/CoralWave/FS/PlantGrow/CoralWave/RedSun/FS - FS/CoralWave/Roseate/FS)
5 plants total, 2 small 12/12 from seed'ers, imposter BlueCheese (BlewCheez) sativa, FCJ and BBG.
DSC02680.jpgDSC02679.jpg
DSC02670.jpg
DSC02668.jpgDSC02667.jpg
DSC02620.jpg

pedro420

It does realy suck that we lost some of the important information that was posted here

I'll post pics tomorrow when lights are on
Switching to flower tomorrow only 4 bulb but I wasn't looking to get a lot out of it just trying to get all the learning done

PetFlora

Undercover- Thanks for your time spent helping me get a grasp on the whole Par realm. I'm planning on setting up in a basement location w/ 6' ceilings and have been leaning towards T5's for that reason(limited ceiling height). Also desiring keeping electrical use low and efficient.I have an old external ballast HPS that I could incorporate but may not even use it. Thinking I'll invest in some Quantum Bad Boys w/ various Par specific bulbs to be determined and design a hybrid aero/NFT "Stinkbud" hydro system. Hoping to do a sealed room and try to get away w/ no A/C if possible w/ CO2. Still doing research on env. controllers. Anybody familiar with the digital controllers by Sero Systems? Any tips appreciated, I've been out of the growing thing for about 15 yrs, but getting psyched to give it a whirl again. Thanks again for any input.
If I may: NFT is for growing small root plants, which mj is NOT. Better to do a F & D. Here's a few pics of MY version to get you thinking. The high walls keep the environment humid between floods. Holes in the pvc make for a Bellagio experience that is rich in O2. I flooded ~ 45 minutes and the plant grew like a mofo. If you look over at Pr0fs thread early on you will see pics.

IMG_0878.jpgIMG_0882.jpgIMG_0883.jpg

PSUAGRO.

Yeah a fucking shame we lost that info.............And we still can't "like" anything........
Hey UCC that's allot of T5's in your flowering chamber.......my god can't wait to see the outcome of That......:weed:

PetFlora

Interesting update: The leafs of the 2 plants in veg (that were under the Red Life/Aquasun bulbs) are pale green, whereas the 3 under the Quantum Grow + Blue Special Actinic + Coral Wave are a normal green. This might work IF I had the fixture higher above the canopy but the light is too concentrated @ < 3"

Needless to say, I replaced the Red Life with another Coral Wave. I looked at the CW SPD again, and damn, that's a great bulb for veg and flower. I'm hoping the Red Life replacements will be shipped soon, AND, apparently I get to beta test the UVL 660s!!!!!!!

If you want to keep your lights consistent: UVL has most of the spectrums covered (assuming QC of Red Lifes is resolved) FYI no problem with my Aquasuns, so...

Actinic White + Aquasun + Red Life + 660 (IR/UVb missing , but covered with Coral Wave). Hmmm maybe 2 @ 2 bulb fixtures with CWs (one on each side) for side lighting! Oh yeah
:mrgreen:

Undercover Cop

Completely unrelated.... I made some pretty good budder recently, took a few days alternating slowly heating the butter/bud for about 2hrs in a small pot, then directly into the freezer where it would stay until I had another two hours free to tend it while it slowly thawed and warmed again. I basically warmed/froze it about 5 times (I was in no hurry) then strained it a few times... Good budder. nothing special.
But I wanted to share a way Ive come to dose with it... I was reading about the traditional Indian Bhang Lassi drink, which is a warm milk concoction where the milkfat absorbs the THC and is the medium, then its mixed with different spices and sugar for flavor. Well I didnt have any buds to mash into milk.
So I tried this... about 3 fingers (1.5-2") worth of whole milk in a glass. Warm it up (I nuke it for 30secs) Add a tea-table spoon worth of sugar, and any other flavorings to make it very sweet. Ive been adding strawberry pancake syrup, but Im sure hot cocoa or hersheys syrup would work well too. Mix well. make sure its still warm, and tastes very sweet :) Add one tea-table spoon of budder and mix well. The budder will melt but will still float ontop of the milk since they wont mix. The milk is basically a very delicious couter to the kinda funky taste of straight budder. But you can kick this back in 2-3 gulps, it tastes fantastic, when I use strawberry syrup, it basically tastes like a slightly buttery strawberry milkshake. But since the budder floats on top, thats all you will be able to smell when you drink it. Im not a fan of the green smell of budder so its a little off-putting to me, but it tastes good, and is alot easier than having to cook something up to use budder. takes less than 2 minutes to get a good solid dose, nothing easier except to take a straight spoonful.

Lucius Vorenus

Came across this video. Forget that it is an hps v LED comparo. Check out the computer controlled live PAR meter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAw13w9eFxY&feature=related
Yup. But the reason the LED's never grow as big of buds as the HPS is they have less Lumens. As a PAR lover myself ive tried to fight this fact but after much trial and error I can't! Best you can do it keep some Warm bulbs and a couple Flora Suns a couple inches off the canopy and keep that canopy as open as possible.

SpliffAndMyLady

The only difference is T8's get less watt:lumen ration and their wave length's are different. t5's are better imo because you get way more lumens per watt.