so its been 2 days since my last post and the possible algea problem is still there plus a minor fuck up with ph. i have added some hygrozyme to try and sort out the algea and changed the bucket for a bigger 1 which has sorted the light leak. i'm using gh micro hard water and it brings the ph down gradually so when i correct the ph 5.8 about 24 hours later its taken it down to 5.4. one of the stars has now got an MAG problem because of this, i know that the mag is in the soup so i added some plain water to bring it back up to 5.8. seems to be working.
This hydro shit is fast acting and definitely less forgiving than coco
pics of the mag problem to start purple underside of leaf and crispy looking leaves on top
now the algea. if its still there in a couple of days then i'm gonna try h2o2.
all in all looking good. this is going to be my last post for a couple of weeks need to wait for an engineer to sort the internet in the new place and they take an age to get their arses in gear. i'll still be taking photos and keeping notes and will update when i get back online