Transplanted to 5 gals, NEW PICS
by, 05-27-2012 at 01:36 PM (136 Views)
Transplanted the ladies to 5 gallon buckets yesterday because I noticed a small root tip growing out of the bottom of one of the 16oz cups and 2 of the 6 were a little droopy. I figured they were ready for more room. I used about 3.5 gallons of soil in each pot, same mix, 75/25 FFOF/perlite. I read that clones do not produce a main taproot, so I was hesitant to score the root balls since they were already composed of side branching roots. I scored only one of them. I ran out of soil so I have to make a quick trip to the hyrdo store for another bag of FFOF. Luckily I already had the perlite. I did not add dolomite lime this time because I also found out that FFOF soil is ph = 7.2, so I think the lime may raise the ph even further. We will see how these 2 test plants go, 1 scored roots and 1 with no lime. Gave them each about 2000mls of plain ph adjusted water immediately after transplant. Just a tiny bit of run off.
New growth is evident along the tops today, no droopy leaves. I don't think the upcan stressed them too much. I was gentle. Now I am going to study up on training/topping/supercropping techniques to make 4 colas on each plant and to bush them out a bit. I dont have much vertical height in my set-up. 6 plants x 4 colas = 24 delicious swollen beauties. Lamp is still at 75%, so it should be around 450W of MH right now. I have been reading that you can use HPS for the entire cycle, but I am sticking with the MH for now. Next update, topping. Cheers