by, 01-25-2012 at 10:41 PM (382 Views)
Woke up today and drenched my seedlings and mothers with a weak (1ml/gallon) solution of Root-66, with DM Saturator added as a surficant. Messed with the pH in my DWC veg tub the entire day; Heisenbergs Tea really raises the pH. Finally got it under 7 and transplanted the 18 most vigorous seedlings with the intent of dialing in the pH slowly over the next day, so I will know exactly how to pH the second tub ahead of time. The mothers are off to the side of the tub now:
Concentrated the remaining seedlings under the 18w LED. Two look like they were hit with dampening off but have yet to succumb and in fact have roots growing out of multiple points of the plugs. One seedling still hasn't split the membrane that holds the cotlydons together, despite being kept very moist for the past 3 days. Yet another, the last one to pop of the 30, has extremely light green cotlydons. The remaining 8 are just slow kids:
My Mycogrow arrived and I started brewing my official Heisenberg Tea, although I did add 2ml/gal each of FF Micro Brew and Kangaroots. I don't plan on being in DWC for long, but having never grown in this house/city/state before, I'm not sure what to expect in terms of slime and/or other microorganisms. Which brings me to my clones; had I done this method in my last grow space, they would have rotted by now. But, here, everything seems to be ok so far. No roots yet, but it has only been 48 hours (quickest I have ever rooted in is ~96 hours). I am putting off taking more clones until I can get my aerocloner built, because if anything close to 100% of my current clones root, I am going to have way too many plants for my space (30 clones and 30 seedlings).