Lowryder #1, Final day. The Queen is dead.
by, 09-15-2011 at 11:04 PM (483 Views)
Well, i chopped off her head, and the rest, but technically, she's still "alive" doing what plants do when they are cut down and hung to dry, mostly going "what the... ?" and trying to keep her blood flowing until she's dry enough for the jar. It may come as a suprise to you that this happened now, considering my last journal entry about how she's been going for over 4 months now, and my hesitation to take the next step, but as i tried to take another limb, I guess she had had enough of being picked apart and let her main stem take the hit, bending and crunching all at once, nasty sound, like bamboo. It seemed alright on the outside, but i was pretty sure that healing would be a pain for it, and it would be harder to focus on bud development, so after some other branches were cut and hung, I took out the scissors and made two cuts, one at the injured spot, and later, one at the base. Spent some time getting fan leaves off, but there were still lots of little ones I didn't bother trimming yet, they all looked crystally so I figured I'd hang onto them and get them later. I'll look up how to do stuff with them when the time comes, but for now I'm playing the waiting game, waiting for nature to do it's thing and turn that flower into what it was born to become, sweet sweet maryjane. also, I'm gonna need a bigger jar. have no exact plan for how long I need to dry before cure with this humidity, it's 30% in here, so, not sure how to calculate approximate drying time. Don't want to over or under dry, of course. also, keeping light off of it in here might be a challenge. The HDTV I use as both a PC monitor and a ... TV, is pretty bright. It's the only "light" on in here and I can see everything just fine, the white background helps in that regard. so, anyhoo, my first female plant has made it this far, let's hope she can finish her journey succesfully. here's some pics of her hanging. May not update again until she's dry and ready, unless there are questions or comments for me to address. Seems Like it all worked out pretty damn well.
sidenote, I hung the bottom as one large multibranching piece because, well, ran out of twist ties, and it was the last available "V" shape on her to hang with, that may slow down the overall progress, but I'll try to get more twist ties or something if it's definetly a problem. Probably won't be. Also Like I said I had cut off a significant amount beforehand so that's why it's in a wierd shape. here's the big piece from below. Up close, and from the side.
Well, that about wraps that up, wish I had better pics to show, they all turned out fuzzy on the close ups so, hard to show it off. anywhoo, I'll let you guys know how it tastes when I can. Hopefully by Halloween. Remember to spread peace and love, and that you cant shake hands with a clenched fist. And to respect the will of others, while believeing in your own. See you in the end.