It Grows on Trees!
The Batman and Trainwreck in the 2 gallon pots are spending the warm sunny days in the garden with the other ladies, but spend from 8pm to 8am in our grow closet. They COULD spend all day in their if we weren't there to move them around, but when we are there we know how they like to sunbathe! They've been going at 12/12 since July 1st and, though it's been a bumpy ride, OMG THAR'S POT GROWING ON THAT MUTHAFUCKIN' PLANT RIGHT THERE!!!!! MWHAHHAHAHAAHAH! Ahem... as such we take photos of those ladies at least every other day to track the growth.
The bumpy grow so far shows in these two ladies.
Trainwreck initially would freak out and start to fall over every time we brought it out into the greenhouse no matter how perfect the conditions seemed to be within 30 minutes of coming outside. For a while she was a lonely lady in the closet until she got mites which seemed to come from nowhere and explode overnight. Since we have such an amazing population of ladybugs we just brought her outside to spray her down and try to work out her issues in the sun and it worked. It's amazing how fast the ladybugs cleaned up that lady! We upped our neem'ing and sterilized the grow closet and haven't seen any of them since.
As soon as we got her all pretty again we decided to start budding her because we didn't want to wait for the big outdoor harvest to smoke, and we knew we didn't want to flower just one plant, so we chose the Batman as the other indy.
I've tried searching for a strain called either Batman or Bruce Wayne... but I can't seem to find anything. Maybe someone just made it up? If anyone knows anything about this strain, please tell!
So into the closet these two ladies go. Everything is so amazing, just like when I was pregnant, we'd sit around and stare at these newly forming calyx and dancing green hairs just like the books and forums said would happen! Stretching out, but not too bad because of temp controls (75/80 night/day), but still we knew we just wanted to give more light to more buds so we tried a hand at supercropping and it WORKED! (thank you rollitup forum goers! It was only with your help)
And then, one day we heard a CRASH coming from the closet and ran in there to see that the light had fallen and broken some branches on the Trainwreck!
And THEN powdery mildew showed in the closet ::sigh:: So we treated then with a single instance of a potassium bicarbonate foliar spray. Ended up getting rid of the mold while really punching these ladies in the face. Their leaves all dried and browned around the edges quickly. We haven't done it since.
I call them the snaggled tooth neighborhood whores. They are just starting to look so gnarly as their buds fill in!