Another Picture update - day 45 & 43
by, 07-10-2012 at 04:00 AM (623 Views)
Quick update on the fungus gnats - They are pretty well erradicated as far as I can tell, though I know there could still be some larvae lurking beneath the surface so I won't quit using the Azamax any time soon. This is what I think caused them to show up in the first place. I wasn't neccessarily over-watering my plants, but I didnt' wait long enough for them to drain off completely. I always water until I see water run-off in the saucer, the problem was when I moved the plant to it's new saucer it was still dripping a little bit. This water was sitting underneath the pot in the saucer. I don't know how many times I could have done that, but this time when I picked the plant up (dry, straight out of the closet) to water her up - there was a little puddle in the tray with some dead gnats in it. Granted they were all dead, but still - that makes perfect sense!!! That's where the excess water, or "fungus gnat breeding pool" was hiding. I'm glad the problem didn't get any worse before I corrected it!
And an update on the plants -- First off, the taller one is 43". I didn't measure the shorter one, but my guess is she's somewhere around 34-37" tall now. They are both pretty healthy - but they are a little stretchy. I'm not sure if that's the genes, or something I've done, but the light has only been 4" above them the whole time, so I'm leaning towards genetics. Then again, it could be the fact that they're in a small closet that's only 2' deep, so the side branches grow out and then straight up to get to the top of the canopy. So I guess that is probably my fault, but I'm growing with the space & genes that I have, so it'll just have to do. They started to show pistils right around day 20, and they're 45 days old now, so I figure they're 3 weeks & 4 days into flower. Between days 30 & 40 they literally MORE THAN TRIPLED in size. The bigger one is pretty much hogging the light now. The smaller girl is by no means neglected, but she is definitely on the back burner for now. I was thinking about making her entirely into either hash or some edibles....[ATTACH=CONFIG]2249039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249040[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249041[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249043[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2249046[/ATTACH]
Let me know what you think....