Entries with no category
Over the last week we migrated all plants to their final positions for flowering. YAY!!
The strongest of the 12 AeroFlo plants was selected as the new Mom, and was transplanted into a large recycled-cloth/plastic-fiber 'soft-pot', in a mixture of HigroMite and CoCo Coir. She's now on a simple recirculating drip-hydro setup, being fed once an hour for about 15 min (60min off, 15 on).
So the girls are done vegging and am about to move to transition and flowering... Up to this point they have lived in the GH AeroFlo-20 (a Aeroponics/NFT hybrid), growing VERY fast and healthy.
To free up the AeroFlo for the next crop of clones, we're moving them to the GH EuroGrower-8, which is essentially a drip hydroponics system (with a slight twist).
The problem is that the root balls in
The AeroFlo-20 ROCKS TITS!!
Seriously, this machine makes phat stocks and ruge roots!
We might have taken it a little slow lowering the tubes, but everything is super healthy looking and growing FAST now! Am almost a bit concerned that the roots are going to overtake the channels before they are ready for transplanting to the EuroGrower-8, but
...so we decided why not use to complete the veg cycle! Before transplanting the clones we re-checked all the seals (calking, doors, partitions, etc), covered eveything in a layer of 4mil Mylar, and scrubbed EVERYTHING down with a 30% concentration of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide). If you want to be sure everything is REALLY dead, there's nothing better (except bleach, and it's even worse for you and leaves a residue).
But as we learned...GLOVES ARE
First the good news....the clones are still alive! After building and rebuilding two different propagators, these clones have been through a LOT. ...which is why up till now we've been patiently waiting for roots thinking the added shock was stunting their growth.
WRONG! After peeling back the black rubber disks from a couple of clones we found LOADS of roots. Apparently (basic physics again) the cloning machine