Follow my grows here.
Haven't been keeping up with photos or the journal, but here are a few photos of my 2nd crop. At about 52 days into flowering and less than a week from harvest! There are 13 Black Domina (lost 3 early on) in a hydro setup (currently drip) with a 1000 lamp, and using mostly Botinacare nutrients. I let them veg for about a month or so to make up for the 3 that didn't make it. I cut off a few of the very top buds as you can see below...this is a beautiful strain! I took cuttings from these and am growing
Updated 06-16-2011 at 12:14 PM by Zigg Zagg
Purchased 16 Black Domina clones from a local club. Put them under a clone dome with heated rooting mat @ 80 degrees F and 50-80+ % humidity.
*Notice 2 of the smallest clones died. This happened because I let the cubes get too dried while I was at school one day. Keep a CLOSE eye on baby clones and keep them WET! Lesson learned......I should have learned the last grow when almost all my plants
Updated 03-17-2011 at 09:46 PM by Zigg Zagg
NEW HYDRO SETUP:
-(1) 4x4 tray
-(1) 40 gallon resovoir
-(2) pumps: 1 more powerful for the drip irrigation system, and one less powerful to aerate the H20 in the resovoir.
-(1) 1000watt HPS light (same used for last grow)
-(16) clones in 3 gallon pots
-(4) bags of Botanicare Ready-Gro Aeration soiless media
My plan is to use this setup for 1 grow, then move this setup to a 2nd room to use for vegging. I will then eventually add 1 or 2 4x8 trays
Updated 06-16-2011 at 12:00 PM by Zigg Zagg
Finished Allen Wrench buds (crappy laptop photo):
So the first grow was a success, especially considering it was one of my first legit grows. I got about 7oz from from 15 plants, which averages out to about a 1/2oz per plant (although some plants in the center were bigger and a few on the outside edges were smaller.
I don't think I did the screen of green technique 100% right, but it may have made a small difference in bud size on top,
Updated 03-07-2011 at 12:06 PM by Zigg Zagg
The girls are doing fantastic, and buds are becoming clearly visible. Looking reeeal healthy. The screen was installed, and the tops are poking about 6" above the screen. I've been taking off all the big fan leaves that are hardening and turning red.
Current pictures soon!
Updated 03-07-2011 at 11:50 AM by Zigg Zagg